• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Porplyzia's awesome also, though he plays in the midfield sometimes. Agreed though, Burton's a big loss and besides, Adelaide have played pretty poorly the last few weeks, they were mediocre against Essendon and only won big last week because Richmond were horrible in the second half.

Adelaide's forward line is a lot better this year with Burton actually fit and Porplyzia and Tippett playing up there, but without Burton it's a whole lot less impressive. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Hentschel's quite ready yet, otherwise he'd be a viable soluton.

I think Hawthorn will probably win this weekend, but it'll come down to Franklin for the most part. The last two times we haven't found a viable matchup for him (if there even is one in the AFL), and if he has a big game and it turns into a shootout it's going to favour Hawthorn.
Sorry, I completely forgot about Porplyzia who is an absolute gun. Star to be, for sure. He's amazingly skilful as well.

Adelaide will get even better when 'potential' Hentschel returns (as well as the Birdman as well). ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Made my first ever AFL bet this weekend. Got fiver on 4-way accy for Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood & Richmond to get up. Dire odds, but if you tip hot favs you expect that. Paying 2.38 only.

Got Jono in the Dream Team too, so a big weekend for my fledgling relationship with the sport.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Made my first ever AFL bet this weekend. Got fiver on 4-way accy for Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood & Richmond to get up. Dire odds, but if you tip hot favs you expect that. Paying 2.38 only.

Got Jono in the Dream Team too, so a big weekend for my fledgling relationship with the sport.
Put $15 on a 15 leg rapid multi myself. West Coast, North Melbourne, Hawthorn and Sydney. If the other three win I'll only make a profit of about $3. Was so sure of West Coast as well. Kerr :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Put $15 on a 15 leg rapid multi myself. West Coast, North Melbourne, Hawthorn and Sydney. If the other three win I'll only make a profit of about $3. Was so sure of West Coast as well. Kerr :(
Yeah, my bet got screwed over by the Kerr withdrawal as well :(

Fair play to Essendon though, they played well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You have an amazing midfield, very well chosen team. Will be a good match, but I back my Golden Boys to continue on their merry way. Last two weeks have been brilliant.

David Hille scoring you 133 will help your chances though.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Western Bulldogs v Brisbane
Fremantle v North Melbourne
Sydney v St Kilda
Adelaide v Hawthorn
Geelong v Port Adelaide
Collingwood v Carlton
Richmond v Melbourne

my dad is tipping for me this week, he has even less idea than i do.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nervous about today's game. We've struggled in recent times against the 'dogs run, and their small, but effective foward line. Brown's going to have his work cut out with Braddy not up there as well, so hopefully Clark or Brennan can provide some sort of a target so Brown isn't going into each marking contest with 3 defenders on him. Still think we'll win though.

Johnners

Getting smashed in the midfield/clearances, need to turn it around if we're to overcome the half-time deficit. Reckon I'll go crazy if I hear another commentator say "Dogs would be undefeated if Brad Johnson kicked straight". FFS, he didn't, get over it.

EDIT: We'll go down by 50 if we're not careful, win some midfield ball and stop ****ing up foward chances ffs.

Last edited:

Johnners

Aker, ****.

EDIT: ****ing terrible game, easily the Lions worst of the season so far. Dogs were just too good, hope they get smashed in the 2nd half of the season though, ****s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.