• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Perfect bowling conditions apparently.

NZ's best chance I feel is trying to do what we did to them in the previous Test, that is assuming they don't follow on.

Really do want to see us bat tbh, give Colly and Bell a chance to get runs. Cook's not done much lately, either, I don't think?

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Oh rain, please come to Trent Bridge, please, pour down for 3 days and save us!

Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain..........................................................................................

Rain.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Shouldn't start too late though, at least that's the impression I've got

Might go and cut my grass, earn my self some credits for when there is play later LOL

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh rain, please come to Trent Bridge, please, pour down for 3 days and save us!

Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain..........................................................................................

Rain.
DWTA.

If the match ends in a draw the series is lost anyway, as it will be if/when we lose this game. So we might as well go out in a blaze of glory, throw everything into it and hope for a miracle.

If nothing else, it'll at least be interesting to watch.

Flem274*

123/5
DWTA.

If the match ends in a draw the series is lost anyway, as it will be if/when we lose this game. So we might as well go out in a blaze of glory, throw everything into it and hope for a miracle.

If nothing else, it'll at least be interesting to watch.
LOL, yeah, like the end of the series in your place. That was some ending
Yep, if we go down lets at least kick some serious pommie ass doing so. Rain is for wusses.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Rain is for saving faces. This match has been embarassing enough for kiwis. Imagine following on and still get bowled out for a meagre total.

Plus Flynn has suffered enough. He has to be taken off to mental institution for some checkups. Poor guy.

Flem274*

123/5
Rain is for saving faces. This match has been embarassing enough for kiwis. Imagine following on and still get bowled out for a meagre total.

Plus Flynn has suffered enough. He has to be taken off to mental institution for some checkups. Poor guy.
Who's the tougher character? The person who gets knocked over and prays for rain or the person who gets knocked over, knows he likely to get smashed, but keeps fighting anyway?

Leslie1

U19 Captain
If this match is allowed to run its course, it'll be the one of the worst, embarassingly painful defeats NZ has ever suffered.

Having said all that it's still BETTER than watching All Blacks at world cups.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
talking about the All Blacks - any opinions on tonights match? I thought is was a solid performance to start off against a determined irish pack and a referee who probably took lessons from that loser Wayne

Flem274*

123/5
talking about the All Blacks - any opinions on tonights match? I thought is was a solid performance to start off against a determined irish pack and a referee who probably took lessons from that loser Wayne
Wanted an Irish win tbh. Bitterness against the glory girls getting 80% of all the attention in NZ sport is the main contributor to me hating rugby. The other is that I struggle to watch rugby without getting bored. Thats just my opinion though.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
For a start, I didn't know which set of rules they were playing under. One minute, short arm penalty when under the old laws its straight arm, then Carter is allowed to kick out of his 22 like the good old days.

McCaw MOTM for me, this man may not be a good captain, but he is a machine at the breakdown.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If this match is allowed to run its course, it'll be the one of the worst, embarassingly painful defeats NZ has ever suffered.
Always amazes me that anyone is more embarrased to be defeated when they should've been than be saved by lost play when everyone knows that had time been able to be made-up they'd have been hammered.

As a for instance - I would've much preferred us to have lost this Test than draw it. A draw there was an obvious denial of any justice whatsoever.

It's a bit different if the result that's denied would impact on the destination of the series, admittedly, but neither this one nor the one I name above would have.