• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:(

Richard Edmunds - he likes to stay up late (must be 1:08 or so in Auck) to watch the cricket and post on CW.n... so he can turn off and watch sitcoms.
It's a win-win situation really - either I miss a few wickets, the disappointment of which would be outweighed by the fact that the wickets have fallen, or I just miss a frustrating fightback from England.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
You just get this feeling that whatever total England gets, NZ will do worse in a mirror effect. Plus we don't have Fulton batting, we have a crippled McCullum and a wicket keeper.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing how England can always make batting look difficult. They do all those hours in the nets honing their shots then when it comes to bat they decide to adopt the mindset of a baseball player who uses a bat to passing flies when they land on their head. It's absolutely moronic beyond belief against a team of such enormous mediocrity.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Amazing how England can always make batting look difficult. They do all those hours in the nets honing their shots then when it comes to bat they decide to adopt the mindset of a baseball player who uses a bat to passing flies when they land on their head. It's absolutely moronic beyond belief against a team of such enormous mediocrity.
Maybe you'll enjoy it more if it continues against a much-superior South African side and they punish England for it?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha I left just after Vaughan's wicket, and the commentators were debating whether Collingwood and Bell should have played their county games to get back into form. All the commentators agreed that they should have tried to get time in the middle, instead of just relying on the nets as they chose.

Come back just after lunch and they've both got ducks. Amazing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Collingwood currently averages 31.90 from his last 22 Test innings, and it obviously would be lower still but for let-offs. One more failure and he's gone - possibly for good.

pasag

RTDAS
Collingwood currently averages 31.90 from his last 22 Test innings, and it obviously would be lower still but for let-offs. One more failure and he's gone - possibly for good.
According to who? You or the England selectors? For all we know he could be kept in the team indefinitely for goodness knows why.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
haha, how ridiculous would that be :@

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
DWTA. I think it would be very uncomfortable for the selectors to have to dump the ODI captain. So he's safe for a while, I'd say.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
DWTA. I think it would be very uncomfortable for the selectors to have to dump the ODI captain. So he's safe for a while, I'd say.
I was thinking for this but, politically, it's probably good to have the two captains not playing in each other's team

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was thinking for this but, politically, it's probably good to have the two captains not playing in each other's team
Having said that, never feel comfortable dropping a player after a duck, more concerned about them scracthing round for a few then getting out, generally when they are only there for a couple of balls you can't gauge the form they are in

I'm in work at the minute though, so for all I know Colly could have been all at sea before he got his third ball or whatever it was

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bar KP the top 6 are all much of a muchness. Collingwood bowls a bit and fields very well so that for me elevates him above the other 4 particularly as England are short on bowling. Vaughan and Colly are also both captains so that basically leaves you with Strauss, Cook and Bell as viable candidates to be dropped as far as I'm concerned.

I don't rate Shah however, just don't see him being anything above those he'll be replacing plus he's rubbish in the field.