• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England selectors are so dire, why Shah or whoever isn't playing instead of Collingwood or Bell is beyond me. Has pretty much cost them this Test. Great job.
Think on - Broad playing is even more crazy than those two.

Obviously, though, both of them have to go unless they score in the second dig.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
C'mon Tim Ambrose - we all know you're not completely useless. We really, really do need you to score here.

And we've all seen Pietersen pull us from the mire in circumstances like these before - another would of course be most welcome.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
C'mon Tim Ambrose - we all know you're not completely useless. We really, really do need you to score here.

And we've all seen Pietersen pull us from the mire in circumstances like these before - another would of course be most welcome.
And New Zealand has earned the Tag chokers, so a good bet probably NZ might choke and Pieterson get England out of trouble easier than he thinks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Everyone has earned the tag "chokers" from time to time TBH. South Africa, England, Australia. Worst term. I really do hate it.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Cricbuzz said:
InDiAnInUs: All you guys following this test match..... now-a-days all matches other than 20-20s are dead rubbers.... lol
Yeah....any1 watchin dis match iz a fool....lulz

Natman20

International Debutant
Its not the first time New Zealand gets close to a dominant position and lose the plot. You only have to look back 10 days or so.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marvellous.

This is what happens when I don't watch. Time for a couple of episodes of Blackadder I think, see if I can keep this going.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Its not the first time New Zealand gets close to a dominant position and lose the plot. You only have to look back 10 days or so.
But people get close to dominant positions ATT. Sometimes they keep a hold on it, sometimes they don't. Some teams are disproportionately criticised some of the time, and other times no-one says a word.

It's just a term people like to throw around to patronise, for my money.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh:

Thank God Mustard has never got in the Test side. I'm sure you all read, but he is the worst wicketkeeper-batsman in long-form cricket in the country of those playing regularly for their counties.

Natman20

International Debutant
But people get close to dominant positions ATT. Sometimes they keep a hold on it, sometimes they don't. Some teams are disproportionately criticised some of the time, and other times no-one says a word.

It's just a term people like to throw around to patronise, for my money.
So true its who makes the most of the chances they've got that win. Can New Zealand do it this time around ...

Part of the great game of test cricket its its ebs and flows through sessions quite often putting teams in on top.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Marvellous.

This is what happens when I don't watch. Time for a couple of episodes of Blackadder I think, see if I can keep this going.
:(

Richard Edmunds - he likes to stay up late (must be 1:08 or so in Auck) to watch the cricket and post on CW.n... so he can turn off and watch sitcoms.

Natman20

International Debutant
:(

Richard Edmunds - he likes to stay up late (must be 1:08 or so in Auck) to watch the cricket and post on CW.n... so he can turn off and watch sitcoms.
Yep its 1.10 am here. i'm doing assignments again. Seem to have bad timing with cricket and work.