• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cook? Lots and lots. Certainly something he needs to try and work on for mine.
I meant Strauss. But agreed about Cook, and it's one of the reasons I think oneday cricket may have got to him. He just doesn't seem to know his own game nowadays.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What's wrong with the Duke balls? Is it too much to ask to get Kookaboras?
Mostly, Duke > Kookaburra. I hope we never see those rubbish balls used in this country.

Certainly though there's something wrong with the manufacturing this year, because near enough every single one has gone out-of-shape.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
What's up with these crap house balls? I'm moving over there shortly and I hope whoever producers the duke cricket balls doesn't have a hand in building your roads.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I meant Strauss.
Aha. Today? Not many times (if at all TBH). He's left loads, stuff I'd not think he'd have left in 2006, 2007 or most of the NZ tour earlier this year. In said times, he was having the exact same problems Cook has been.
But agreed about Cook, and it's one of the reasons I think oneday cricket may have got to him. He just doesn't seem to know his own game nowadays.
As I say, though, that flaw first surfaced in Australia, before he'd really been considered for ODIs. Playing ODIs may well not have helped, but I don't think it's created problems, merely possibly accentuated them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What's up with these crap house balls? I'm moving over there shortly and I hope whoever producers the duke cricket balls doesn't have a hand in building your roads.
They've been crap in the games I've played too, actually. Have got old very quickly and often cracked-up. Don't worry, though - the general apalling standard of road surface has nothing to do with Dukes. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As a fan, I too like Duke > Kookaburra, but as Richard said, this seems to happen quite a bit.
It's only been this season. I've honestly never seen anything remotely like this absurd regularity of loss-of-shape before this year. Hopefully something can be done before the summer's out.

Pietersen almost runs Strauss out.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
They've been crap in the games I've played too, actually. Have got old very quickly and often cracked-up. Don't worry, though - the general apalling standard of road surface has nothing to do with Dukes. :)
But they are crap nonetheless?

Here comes big Jake!

Jakester1288

International Regular
I have never actually seen a duke ball, except for in the 2005 ashes, which I can't rememer. I hear they swing alot and are suited to the English conditions.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Is anyone having issues assessing the Cricinfo site? It's dying on me and is there any other websites that have text commentary similar?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have never actually seen a duke ball, except for in the 2005 ashes, which I can't rememer. I hear they swing alot and are suited to the English conditions.
Not 2001-2006 they didn't. I don't really think balls are particularly suited to certain conditions though TBH. The only way to find-out would be to try, in club cricket.