• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Asia Cup 2008, Pakistan

Groups:

Group A:
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
UAE
Group B:
India
Pakistan
Hongkong

Fixtures:

June 24th:
Match 01: Pakistan V Hongkong, Karachi
Match 02: Bangladesh V UAE, Lahore

June 25th:
Match 03: Hongkong v India, Karachi
Match 04: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka, Lahore

June 26th:
Match 05: Pakistan v India, Karachi
Match 06: Sri Lanka v UAE, Lahore

June 28th:
Match 07: A2 v B2, Karachi

June 29th:

Match 08: A1 v B1, Karachi

June 30th:
Match 09: A1 v A2, Karachi

July 2nd:
Match 10: B1 v B2, Karachi

July 3rd:
Match 11: A1 v B2, Karachi

July 4th:
Match 12: A2 v B1, Karachi

July 6th:
Match 13: FINAL, Karachi
:jump:

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I think both of the associate teams are wack. it's just a tournament between the subcontinent and teams made up of their rejects under the name of hong kong and uae, should have chosen teams with real potential.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I think its time for Afghanistan to have their own Cricket stadium & start hosting ACC matches... Imagine ACC Final between Afghanistan & UAE or Nepal in Afghanistan... The stadium (Even capacity of 10,000) will be packed with spectators & flags...

Come on guys pls do something...

Efaz

U19 12th Man
World Cricket League to continue and expand

I think instead of expanding the WCL to accommodate more countries, ICC should restructure the WCL for top 20 associate/affiliate countries. By thinning the development fund over too many countries, imo, ICC is not being able to do enough for any particular country.

Also, instead of current twelve teams cup format for the world cup qualifier, ICC should have an 8 teams round robin league from where the top 4 teams will be selected. I simply don't like the cup structure because it can ruin the next four years for a country because of one bad day.

My proposed restructured WCL:

1st Division: 1st-4th ranked teams (teams that will play in the world cup)
2nd Division: 5th-10th ranked teams
3rd Division: 7th-12th ranked teams
4th Division: 11th-16th ranked teams
5th Division: 15th-20th ranked teams
6th Division: 19th-20th ranked teams + 5 regional qualifiers + 1 wild card entry

Every four years, division 1 teams, top two teams from division 2, and top two teams from division 3 should participate in the world cup qualifier.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
World Cricket League to continue and expand

I think instead of expanding the WCL to accommodate more countries, ICC should restructure the WCL for top 20 associate/affiliate countries. By thinning the development fund over too many countries, imo, ICC is not being able to do enough for any particular country.

Also, instead of current twelve teams cup format for the world cup qualifier, ICC should have an 8 teams round robin league from where the top 4 teams will be selected. I simply don't like the cup structure because it can ruin the next four years for a country because of one bad day.

My proposed restructured WCL:

1st Division: 1st-4th ranked teams (teams that will play in the world cup)
2nd Division: 5th-10th ranked teams
3rd Division: 7th-12th ranked teams
4th Division: 11th-16th ranked teams
5th Division: 15th-20th ranked teams
6th Division: 19th-20th ranked teams + 5 regional qualifiers + 1 wild card entry

Every four years, division 1 teams, top two teams from division 2, and top two teams from division 3 should participate in the world cup qualifier.
couldn't disagree any more. The point of the world cricket league is to allow as many members a chance to get to the world cup and get more matches. Beside for the countries that are doing well they get more money anyways by becoming HPP countries.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
it's not really up to the ACC and ICC or any other boards. They have to do that on their own. Their government could help.
The Afghan govt should grant the land in the center of the city or anyother unused stadium should be dedicated completely to cricket. That should be good.

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Denmark Defated Nertherlands at home after 1972.

Denmark 264 (50 Overs) Beat Netherlands 256 by 8 runs.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Should ICC ban Zimbabwe from Test status & award it to any other nation with better future like Kenya or Ireland???

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Should ICC ban Zimbabwe from Test status & award it to any other nation with better future like Kenya or Ireland???
They should susupend Zimbabwe's membership from the ICC for the obvious gross mismanagement of the game by the ZCB (but that's not going to happen) and open up the membership of the Exec Comitee so that Associates who are making an effort to proffesionalise the sport ie. the likes of Kenya, Ireland, Scotland and so forth are better placed to get the resources they need to make it happen ( but that is not going to happen)