• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Aye, but sometimes accurate quotes avoid the filter.

I guess you'll be keeping it until someone removes it though, and that's fair noof.
I don't think it avoids the filter if it's a quote. He's legitimately trying to say "feck" there, which avoids nothing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd always thought "feck" was avoiding the filter same as it's now been classified as when you replace ec with ar (****), hence I've avoided using it.

If you think not though - no big deal.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd always thought "feck" was avoiding the filter same as it's now been classified as when you replace ec with ar (****), hence I've avoided using it.

If you think not though - no big deal.
Well it would be if you said it deliberately to get around the filter's treatment of the word "****", but if you're quoting someone that actually said "feck", you're not really avoiding anything, are you?

I don't think words themselves avoid the filter, or they'd just be filtered as well. The context in which you use them comes into it as well, and Steds is not trying to swear or get around the filtration of a word in his location.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, well, I'd always thought whether you were quoting or making-up sentences yourself, filter-avoidance was filter-avoidance. I've been told not to do it for instance, when I returned from an absence and there'd been a tightening of the regulations in said absence.

As I say though - I'll leave that to be discussed in the Mod forum.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Anyone want to have bet on what James Anderson's Economy rate is going to be this test?

I will go for a very conservative 4.25

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, well, I'd always thought whether you were quoting or making-up sentences yourself, filter-avoidance was filter-avoidance. I've been told not to do it for instance, when I returned from an absence and there'd been a tightening of the regulations in said absence.

As I say though - I'll leave that to be discussed in the Mod forum.
Ahh, but you were quoting someone saying "****" and had to avoid the filter to get it through how you wanted. When someone says "feck" and you quote it, you don't have to avoid anything.