• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can you really blame West Indies for this particular collapse? Too harsh.
Wasn't blaming them, it just seems to happen to them more often than any team in world cricket.

Lee, you are a gun. Thanks for being awesome.

duffer

Feel sorry for Sammy, he tried to get his pad well outside the line to save him but Russ was having none of it I suppose.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't blaming them, it just seems to happen to them more often than any team in world cricket.

Lee, you are a gun. Thanks for being awesome.
It's not typical West Indies though. Typical West Indies is a collapse of their own making. This is a collapse of Tiffin's making. Lee has bowled well, but it's not a typical West Indies collapse. In fact, it's not typical to see so many erroneous calls made by one umpire in such a short space of time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yeah, sad thing is on this form Lee would probably have gotten all these wickets anyways IMO, so this just taints what's a wonderful spell.
On this pitch and against a settled Chanderpaul and Bravo, I doubt that. Certainly not for such flattering figures. He would have had to work a lot harder without help. Lee was bowling well, but didn't look like taking wickets per se until Tiffin gifted him Bravo's.

Beleg

International Regular
Love ya Taylor. Wasn't fazed by the bouncer (extremely well directed), judged that the next ball was going to be full and played accordingly.

Loving it.

Edit: Three wrong decisions. To be fair, I'd have given Bravo out as well without the aid of closer scrunity. But the two LBW's were clear not-outs even at first impression.

Perm

I'm talking about the position the West Indies find themselves in now. They aren't to blame at all, as a couple of the decisions were harsh, and from what I can gather Lee is getting a bit of reverse, but how many other sides collapse from 317/4 to 321/7 in the space of three overs?

It's unfortunate, but it just seems to happen to these guys more often than other sides. At least they have Chanders.

duffer

That Bravo one doesn't look to have been anywhere near the bat either. Last couple of angles confirm Tiffin's got a hattrick of his own.

pasag

RTDAS
On this pitch and against a settled Chanderpaul and Bravo, I doubt that. Certainly not for such flattering figures. He would have had to work a lot harder without help. Lee was bowling well, but didn't look like taking wickets per se until Tiffin gifted him Bravo's.
Harder definitely, but bowling like even before the initial breakthrough, it was only a matter of time, IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Harder definitely, but bowling like even before the initial breakthrough, it was only a matter of time, IMO.
Big difference between 3 wickets in eight-ten overs with 30-40 runs being scored in the meantime, vs. 3 wickets in 2 overs for no runs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm talking about the position the West Indies find themselves in now. They aren't to blame at all, as a couple of the decisions were harsh, and from what I can gather Lee is getting a bit of reverse, but how many other sides collapse from 317/4 to 321/7 in the space of three overs?

It's unfortunate, but it just seems to happen to these guys more often than other sides. At least they have Chanders.
You're missing what I'm saying. This isn't a typical collapse in any way. Not for any team. In fact this is one of the most unusual collapses, given the type of pitch, the state of the match and the performance of Tiffin. West Indies tend to collapse from good and promising positions often, but not in this way. This is not an implosion. West Indies hardly at fault here.

How many sides collapse rom 317-4 to 321-7 in the space of 3 overs? West Indies do not usually collapse like this. Poor generalization. Not all dramatic collapses are equal.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Chanderpaul fast turning into Lara.

C'mon Australia. Can see them setting West Indies 300 to win tomorrow. Weather forecasts?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well the Ramdin and Sammy wickets came largely due to them being new to the crease. Bravo looked very much untroubled and unlikely to implode previously. So I think that matter of time could have well been much more significant.