• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

aussie tragic

International Captain
How does Marshall get a game?

I know he's only 22 and has potential but he only averages 25.00 in FC cricket and he doesn't even have a FC century (HS 82)

....how lucky is Australia that we have a 19 yr old Phil Hughes who averages 60+ in FC...

Laurrz

International Debutant
Nah thats gotta be Chanderpaul :laugh:. He must be the very definition of a battler.

still a great century by Katich. He really deserves that considering how well he's been batting.
to me ive always said there are three crabs in world cricket

Chanderpaul is the king of the crabs... he is Kingler in pokemon
and then Smith and Katich are Krabbys... with Smith almost evolving to Kingler.. but not quite
(i am so pokemon nerdy ^_^ )

the crabs are doing well in world cricket atm

sanga1337

U19 Captain
to me ive always said there are three crabs in world cricket

Chanderpaul is the king of the crabs... he is Kingler in pokemon
and then Smith and Katich are Krabbys... with Smith almost evolving to Kingler.. but not quite
(i am so pokemon nerdy ^_^ )

the crabs are doing well in world cricket atm
:laugh: interesting comparison there.

pasag

RTDAS
Amazing how good Clarke looks with pretty much zero cricket in two months and no practice matches. Even from the first ball yesterday he was hitting it so well.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Because with the angle of the delivery if you get anything on it then it really should go wide of the keeper to the fine leg fence.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Because with the angle of the delivery if you get anything on it then it really should go wide of the keeper to the fine leg fence.
Code:
[B]Darren says:[/B]
tickle down leg was it?
so unlucky
listening on radio itbt
[B]Nath - BT   says:[/B]
ahh. yeah. took the face of it tbh
hardly unlucky. just felt for it.
nah no way, thats the unluckiest way to get out
down leg
haha, why?
just didnt get enough on it
everyone will tell you
you get a mm more bat on it and it goes for four
it's a **** ball
haha. should have got more bat on it then
was a good length, good movement. still have to hit it
nah unlucky dismissal
(face)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Katich invites getting out like that more than most with the way he shuffles across, IMO.

It's a **** of a way to get out, but I still think actually getting a good ball would be more unlucky tbh; he should have put it away. As Gelman said, he was looking really bad anyway.

Nevertheless, a very good innings. I was very impressed with how straight he played early on.. I was a bit pessimistic about Katich opening given the way he tends to flick his wrists through his drives, but he just extended his defensive shots early on as any good opener would. I can certainly see him "doing a Langer" - the situations are ridiculously similar. Gutsy left handed middle order batsman with moderate success in Test cricket, travelling as the reserve batsman on tour - thrown in the opening position due to the lack of a spare opener in the squad...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lots has been said about Clarke's timing, but what I think has been most impressive is his footwork. Most batsmen will tell you that the first thing that goes if you haven't prepared as you'd like is your feet, and Clarke has been in perfect position for basically every shot he's played since ball one.