• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I've had Birdman since the start. Apart from last week has been carrying me.

Adelaide v Essendon
Collingwood v West Coast
Hawthorn v Bulldogs
Brisbane v North Melbourne
Geelong v Carlton
Sydney v Richmond
St. Kilda v Melbourne
Fremantle v Port Adelaide

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've had Birdman since the start. Apart from last week has been carrying me.
Gun buy. I had him in 2006 and 2007 and he was crippled with injuries for both seasons. Despite his awesome price I stayed away cos he never plays 22 games.

Looking a million bucks this year though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, don't know about a "big bag", but he got a hell of a lot of the ball. Finishing was so bad tonight, especially in the third term. Totally dominated the quarter and missed half a dozen easy shots.

Was a good game to watch though, aside from the umpiring which was absolutely terrible all round. So many bad decisions against both sides.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yesss Doggies - Adam Cooney has to be Brownlow favourite now if he already isn't.

Pies starting to hit their straps as well - looking ominous.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Oh yeah I forgot you had crap like Welsh and Slattery on him.
At least Slattery competed, Welsh was pathetic. Loving some of our younger players at the moment. Lonergan was excellent and Myers, Reimers and Houli also contributed well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How good was Lonergan's goal that brought it within 3 points in the last quarter. Absolutely roosted it straight through the centre.

Tell Reimers or whoever is wearing orange boots to GTFO and wait till he's played 200+ games and won some Norm Smith medal like McLeod before he wears something like that.

Oh and Monfries was awesome against McLeod last night. Showed some responsibility and accountability for once.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yesss Doggies - Adam Cooney has to be Brownlow favourite now if he already isn't.

Pies starting to hit their straps as well - looking ominous.
Easily favourite with Mitchell out of contention as well. Plus Mitchell was quiet today.

Ablett only real contender. Unfortunately for Richo, Richmond haven't won enough games.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bock, gun 4 letter name, gun defender. You can never get enough of players like that.

Judd is another of course.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
How good was Lonergan's goal that brought it within 3 points in the last quarter. Absolutely roosted it straight through the centre.

Tell Reimers or whoever is wearing orange boots to GTFO and wait till he's played 200+ games and won some Norm Smith medal like McLeod before he wears something like that.

Oh and Monfries was awesome against McLeod last night. Showed some responsibility and accountability for once.
Lonergan's goal was probably the purest kick all night, could not have kicked it any better. Love those orange boots lol, at least hes backing it up with some solid footy but afterall they are only boots. As for Monfries that was his 2nd best game for the club as far as im concerned after his 5 goal effort vs Brisbane at the GABBA in his 2nd season. Needed to lift and is gradually finding some form.

And yes Bock is a gun, still thought Lucas battled on well all things considered and was unlucky on a number of occassions to not get frees/paid the mark.

Hoping for 2 good games tonighht,

pasag

RTDAS
Ah well, we were quite good till half time. Blew us apart in the third, but things looking good, could've been a lot worse.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We'll make 200 in a game if we learn to kick straight. Awesome performance otherwise. Bradshaw & Brown are sooooo good together it's not funny. Gave Gibson, Pratt & Firrito an absolute hiding. We need to start making the most of our opportunites on goal soon though, kicking 20+ behinds 2 weeks straight isn't a good thing.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Dire game from us tonight pretty much all round the ground..only time we looked like a chance to get back into it was when Brown went off the field. Urquhart the only positive, gun debut.

Josh

International Regular
Thought the Doggies just might get up. Had them on SportsBets on Facebook, but didn't tip them unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.