• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I didn't mean as a Kolpak - at least he'd be a more authentic short-term signing than Chris Lewis.
Well, yeah, but Lewis is England-qualified. Surely most counties have their overseas signings done by now? Though I suppose he could be useful for the Twenty20.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can see a relatively dull 450 - 600 coming up

No-one has looked remotely threatening and it's a test of patience more than anything

It'll then be up to WI to survive 3 days
Not if it's a score around the 450 end of your suggestion. Remember West Indies (guided by Chanders) made a similar situation into a real contest until day five.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Congratulations Ponting. Don't like him, but he's a champion of the game and one of the best I've ever seen.

sideshowtim

Banned
Interesting how close Ponting and Tendulkar are when you look at them when they reached their 10,000th run.

Ponting - 196 innings, ave 58.84, 35 100s, 40 50s
Tendulkar - 195 innings, ave 57.58, 34 100s, 41 50s

And there are still some idiots who bite your head off if you try and class him with Tendulkar or Lara. Lol.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not if it's a score around the 450 end of your suggestion. Remember West Indies (guided by Chanders) made a similar situation into a real contest until day five.
Different here and slow outfield and over rate means Oz will bat for 2 days thereby eliminating positive results

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting how close Ponting and Tendulkar are when you look at them when they reached their 10,000th run.

Ponting - 196 innings, ave 58.84, 35 100s, 40 50s
Tendulkar - 195 innings, ave 57.58, 34 100s, 41 50s

And there are still some idiots who bite your head off if you try and class him with Tendulkar or Lara. Lol.
Word out, comparing current batting greats of this 2000's era with any of the past has become sort of a faux pas of this website. Can be irritating & fun depending on who are debating with of course.

Laurrz

International Debutant
yea perhaps a blessing in disguise Haydos is gone.... i am very confident of Katich in India..love his crab like approach :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the sound of that TBH. Katich fills me with more confidence on the subcontinent than Jaques does.
Good for the immediate future. Not so good for the long-term though. I know you're almost sleeping with Phil Hughes, but he still has a lot of development to go.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Why would West Indies prepare such a flat pitch. If anything, they should have gone with a very grassy track and backed their five seamers to do the job. I also heard that Andy Roberts played a part in preparing the track, which makes it all the more baffling.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Has anyone stuck a six in that pool yet? Needs the drunken Barmy Army back in it again, like they did when Nixon and Bopara were smashing the Sri Lankans everywhere last year.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hmm, seems pretty dark out there. I think the light issue is overrated but I hope the umpires are consistent through the match.

sideshowtim

Banned
Good for the immediate future. Not so good for the long-term though. I know you're almost sleeping with Phil Hughes, but he still has a lot of development to go.
Yeah, that's true. But we're playing India here...In India...It's not something you 'experiment with the future' in...India are pretty much our #1 enemy now, we need the best side that can do the best job right now.