• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Watching him bat at the moment reminds me of watching Wildlife on One as a kid, and seeing a pair of lions picking off a lone, invalid wildebeest from the back of the herd, chasing it down and encircling it, before ripping it to pieces.
:laugh:

Skull there for mine.

Of course the funny bit won't show up when I quote it, but golden anyway.

Swervy

International Captain
Nonsense. I don't believe that good batsmen feel pressure because of a slow scoring-rate in limitless-over cricket, the rest is just a twisting of words.

England wouldn't have started papping themselves needing 30 to win with 5 wickets in hand. As I said - the Collingwood lbw with 44 still needed, though, different matter entirely.
so 14 runs makes the difference then?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
16 to 30 wouldn't have, but 30 to 44 is huge. Massive psychological difference between 40 and 39.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You can see why people (over?) rate Bell; even when he's not in prime nick he's still so good to watch from a purely aesthetic point of view. Gorge square-cut there.

Swervy

International Captain
8-) Try to get some new material and stop bashing the same never-true-ITFP-and-monotous-even-if-they-had-been crap.
I dont know what ITFP means so that sentence means nowt to me I am afraid!!!

Although I do love the way you want me to get some 'new material', as if I was actually trying to be funny, which I really wasn't

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I dont know what ITFP means so that sentence means nowt to me I am afraid!!!

Although I do love the way you want me to get some 'new material', as if I was actually trying to be funny, which I really wasn't
ITFP = in the first place, not difficult.

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
16 to 30 wouldn't have, but 30 to 44 is huge. Massive psychological difference between 40 and 39. /QUOTE]

Haha, load of bollocks if you ask me.

Anyway, well played England. Hopefully even we can't mess it up from here. Panesar has given Vettori a masterclass on how to bowl on an Old Trafford pitch i think, even though it is Panesar's natural way to bowl quickly. I think Vettori has just bowled too slowly, today especially.

Well played England and especially Strauss.

GGG

State Captain
In fact if we are true to form we will get hammered by a innings and x runs in the next test, I will still support them and hope we come good in test matches, but I have been watching NZ for years and this performance is about par.

Stapel

International Regular
Cricinfo has changed it's commentary from "Can England win?" to "Will England beat tea?"

Apparently, tea cannot be delayed, the say... Will tea really be taken if there would be one run needed????