• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I can see Bell, Collingwood and Ambrose all fall for single digit scores, but Broad and Sidebottom saving the match. This is one hell of a match! And when it's over, we have Aus-WI as desert!
Presuming we do win this game, hopefully WI can take inspiration from us.

And as Bell smacks a Long-Hop and clips a leg-stump ball from O'Brien, the target is down below 40 and suddenly we're feeling OK again.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh dear Iain. Bowled well enough to change my opinion of him in the first innings, now 2 shockers to an out-of-sorts batsman.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

And as Bell smacks a Long-Hop and clips a leg-stump ball from O'Brien, the target is down below 40 and suddenly we're feeling OK again.
It's all fine now... no panic :)

Stapel

International Regular
A WI win would really really be super. I guess I have to tell mrs. Stapel I will be in a pub tonight......., again.......

Two in a row, actually. Yeah that really changes the feeling of the occasion a bit!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the relative differences of the top orders this series perhaps one could argue that New Zealand could have used a Shane Bond to give their attack that extra bit of bight. If say England had been 76/3 this morning, with Bond getting those two then I doubt this run chase would have been this...uneventful.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is painful to watch. Colly looks in such bad nick just now. He's nothing if not a fighter tho.
Nothing if not lucky either - one of his customary let-offs this innings.

At least this time it can only gift him 20-odd not out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Given the relative differences of the top orders this series perhaps one could argue that New Zealand could have used a Shane Bond to give their attack that extra bit of bight. If say England had been 76/3 this morning, with Bond getting those two then I doubt this run chase would have been this...uneventful.
If we'd been 76 for 3, we'd have lost, I'm pretty much certain.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus, Colly: edge, leading edge, spoons up a slower ball he didn't pick, then pops one onto the leg side to bring Bell onto strike who gives O'Brien the simplest of chances that he declines.

Could be the game there.