• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now Macgill gone he can't be that far above Chris Martin in worlds worst batsmen league.
He's horrific - rarely, if ever, shows any ticker at all

Clark is not the world's worst no. 10 and all MacGill had to do was stand there and possibly cop a few bruises whilst Clark had a swing

chalky

International Debutant
287 isn't enough to win. They have Sarwan and Chanderpaul....It's still a good wicket...Will take a very good bowling performance to win this one.
The bookies still have Australia as big favourites Bet 365 has:

Australia paying 1.36
West Indies 3.5

sideshowtim

Banned
The bookies still have Australia as big favourites Bet 365 has:

Australia paying 1.36
West Indies 3.5
Lol, they are ridiculous odds.

It's 2008, 287 isn't really a tough total to chase in the 4th innings anymore. Especially against an Australian attack with only 2 bowlers beyond passable at Test level.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but this is a painfully weak WI batting lineup. And I would expect Lee to be a sight to behold in these circumstamces. Aus by at least 100 for me.

sideshowtim

Banned
Yeah, but this is a painfully weak WI batting lineup. And I would expect Lee to be a sight to behold in these circumstamces. Aus by at least 100 for me.
Those odds read to me as if the bookies think Warne and McGrath are still in the team...1.36? Haha, you'd have to be a bonehead to back us at that price.

287...All it takes is a hundred from one player with a few assisting 20s here and there. Sarwan will ton up, I'm sure of it.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Chase most likely will depend heavily on Sarwan and Chanderpaul. Hopefully a century partnership or close to it by the openers.

chalky

International Debutant
He's horrific - rarely, if ever, shows any ticker at all

Clark is not the world's worst no. 10 and all MacGill had to do was stand there and possibly cop a few bruises whilst Clark had a swing
He must have gone backwards a hell of a lot because I vauguely remember him not been to bad during 1999 Ashes. Think he got a 40 odd agianst a pretty good English attack & he wasn't running to the leg side every ball.

chalky

International Debutant
Reckon Lee might be a bit fired up after the pasting he took of Edwards & co.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He must have gone backwards a hell of a lot because I vauguely remember him not been to bad during 1999 Ashes. Think he got a 40 odd agianst a pretty good English attack & he wasn't running to the leg side every ball.
Basically a pea-heart now

Lee's batting has also declined at the same rate his bowling has improved

Woodster

International Captain
Aussies still strong favourites here. Expect Lee and Clark to lead the way and reduce WI to three or four wickets down by close of play, esp if Clark gets the new ball!!!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Chase most likely will depend heavily on Sarwan and Chanderpaul. Hopefully a century partnership or close to it by the openers.
Obviously seeing off the new ball will be absolutely vital. Thereafter, getting as near as possible before the 2nd one. The two nightmare scenarios for WI are:
1. Being resuced to 70 for 5 by close of play tonight.
2. Reaching 250 for 5 tomorrow then losing the last 5 for 20 to the 2nd new ball.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lee's batting has also declined at the same rate his bowling has improved

I was wondering about that. I hadn't considered England's attack in 2005 to be the worst, but he doesn't seem nearly so dangerous nowadays.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Obviously seeing off the new ball will be absolutely vital. Thereafter, getting as near as possible before the 2nd one. The two nightmare scenarios for WI are:
1. Being resuced to 70 for 5 by close of play tonight.
2. Reaching 250 for 5 tomorrow then losing the last 5 for 20 to the 2nd new ball.
Both of those very possible with the WI.

tooextracool

International Coach
100 from

pls
Parchment barely has the technique to score a 50 in test match cricket let alone 100. Should really have been out much before he actually did get out. Some of these WI openers are really so pathetic that you start to long for players of the calibre of Chris Gayle and Wavell Hinds which is never a good thing.
Just curious, what happened to Chatergoon who played a test against SL?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Parchment barely has the technique to score a 50 in test match cricket let alone 100. Should really have been out much before he actually did get out. Some of these WI openers are really so pathetic that you start to long for players of the calibre of Chris Gayle and Wavell Hinds which is never a good thing.
Just curious, what happened to Chatergoon who played a test against SL?
Chattergoon is injured.