• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

sideshowtim

Banned
What if it was $1000 to win? Or $1500?

Just wondering what price is the limit where you'd rather the dough than the win.

I've only ever bet against India once, and that's the 3rd test vs. South Africa in 2006 when India were defending 200-odd (probably the time when I was most frustrated as an Indian fan). Despite having a lot of money on SA, I was cheering India on and wanted them to win.

I guess eventually there's a price where you'll rather your team lose, just wondering what it is for you.
It would have to be a fair bit...5,000 maybe. I dunno. I'm a poor Uni student, there's a lot I could do with 5k. Depends on a lot of things. Who we're playing, how important it is, what format the game...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, surely a 1st test win vs. the WI isn't worth $1000 to you? Fair play if it is though, that's some passion.

chalky

International Debutant
What score do we think the West Indies can chase in the 4th innings - I think anything over 250 Australia big favourites.

chalky

International Debutant
Australia to win, obviously. I'd rather lose the 100 and see Australia win than gain 425 and see us lose.

I just thought that sort of price, considering the Windies position was too good to pass up...especially when you consider how dire Johnson and MacGill have been.
If I had chance to win 425 notes sod national loyalty I'd suport anyone.

sideshowtim

Banned
Symonds, what a gun, seriously.
He may get a fair amount of luck, but you have to give him credit, the amount of times he has bailed us out of jail in the short time he's been back in the side has been rather impressive. Top show Symo, keep up the good work.

tooextracool

International Coach
Yes, but he's not conceding runs because he's barely bowling at the stumps. That's not drying up runs as much as playing the batsmen in.
Also, hes not bowling at the stumps because if he does bowl at the stumps without getting the ball to move he will essentially be cannon fodder for any batsman capable of playing a leg glance. Makes more sense to me that he tries bowling around the wicket instead.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He may get a fair amount of luck, but you have to give him credit, the amount of times he has bailed us out of jail in the short time he's been back in the side has been rather impressive. Top show Symo, keep up the good work.
Comes a time when he demands to be recognised as an outstanding talent - guy averages 46 with the bat, useful with the ball and probably best fieldsman in the world

sideshowtim

Banned
Comes a time when he demands to be recognised as an outstanding talent - guy averages 46 with the bat, useful with the ball and probably best fieldsman in the world
Since his maiden ton on Boxing Day in 2006 he has averaged 106.37 with the bat and 30.54 with the ball. Not too shabby.

pasag

RTDAS
He looked good early on but for the last half hour had been playing with what seemed by be very little confidence.
Yeah don't know why, bowling seemed to be a bit less threatening if anything and all he had to do was look for the singles and rotate the strike to Symonds. Kinda worked himself into that situation when it wasn't necessary at all.

Edit: Oh no, the Symonds WC story :yawn:

chalky

International Debutant
Edwards is giving Lee a real working over.

On his display this test Edwards looks a world beater.

sideshowtim

Banned
287 isn't enough to win. They have Sarwan and Chanderpaul....It's still a good wicket...Will take a very good bowling performance to win this one.

chalky

International Debutant
Now Macgill gone he can't be that far above Chris Martin in worlds worst batsmen league.