• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That was a brainless stroke from Mills. Utterly stupid. Against the spin, on a bouncy track, with O'Brien not looking too bad.

Now it's presumably just a case of getting one of these two. Surely if Flynn was going to bat he'd have batted by now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, you'd be surprised what a bad sickness does.

OK, Sidebottom gets rid of O'Brien caught mid-off. That's 294 to win. Unlikely, but more possible that I'd thought likely at the commencement of this innings.

99*

International Debutant
So England need 294 to win. Still think NZ have the best chance, but would not be at all shocked to watch us **** this up and give England a gift.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
QFT, the old timers would still bat with broken legs and arms, people today in general are soft.
:laugh: More accurately, people today are more sensible than in earlier times, and realise that if you do things to make injury\illness worse, it makes it worse. Fortunately we've now seen the light that expecting people to bat with broken-legs or dehydrated for the sake of a game of cricket is not even remotely close to being good enough.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would just love to know the 3rd innings batting average for NZ has been for the past 4 years.
Excluding declaration innings', 202. And this is after 336 in the first of these. Thereafter, the best is 272 and the average, unsurprisingly, below 200.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Good recovery from England Monty, will decide whether i'll go down to the ground depending on England's start.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We need 293 to win, I reckon it is very do-able, but unlikely. NZ still favourites IMO.
I reckon it's a very slim chance TBH. Feels good right now after having just bowled NZ out for next to nothing, but if we're to stand any chance at all we'll have to get through this burst from the seamers, and that in itself will be no tea-party to do.

Anyway, that's the account opened with a leg-bye. Strauss and Cook both still to get off-the-mark.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I reckon one of the top 6, most likely to be Vaughan, will need to get 100 if we are in with a chance. I really want Pietersen to make runs this test, seems like yonks since he last played well.

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
NZ 3rd innings' batting average since playing SA in 2004 at Wellington is 21.89 per wicket.

They have played 16 matches in that time, batting 1st and 3rd, and have won just 2 of them, and losing 9.