• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Already made 'em in the first-innings TBH. Surely he can't get any more?
Yeah, because he has a quota per Test and all...

Surely the fact that he made 'em in the first innings would suggest he's in decent touch, acclimatised and reasonably comfortable against this attack, and hence mean it'd be more likely he'd score more runs again here than if he was on a pair for example.

NZ wouldn't really care less. These is no reason TO care they aare gonna win hands down.
Basically, that should be the case.

This is following a similar pattern to the first test over there in the winter, and barring awful umpiring or vettori breaking his arm should end up similar too.

99*

International Debutant
****. I go to watch one F1 race and NZ do this, ****. Well I guess the pitch has been going well for spin.

Suppose well end with around 290-320 which I feel will be enough to bowl at. Vettori to get another 5-for.

(Would think Fulton will come in at #3 for the next match.)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, the reverse-swing does the trick. Good catch from Ambrose.

The fact that O'Brien has come in now seriously suggests Flynn isn't likely to bat - which means this is the basically last wicket, presuming Martin doesn't manage to get off strike.

C'mon lads... keep on the button now... even if we lose this, it'll feel a bit better if we haven't let NZ get away in the second-innings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, not like I just t00ned in Dickinson. You do the mass-posting, I'll do the predicting. :cool:
Yeah, because he has a quota per Test and all...

Surely the fact that he made 'em in the first innings would suggest he's in decent touch, acclimatised and reasonably comfortable against this attack, and hence mean it'd be more likely he'd score more runs again here than if he was on a pair for example.
Don't think so TBH, Mills might be an OK batsman but he's not someone I expect to be scoring runs two Test innings in a row very often.

MSP to clean-up here?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The flat stuff has been perfect for MSP so far this innings but he's got to start lobbing it up to the tailenders now.