• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Collingwood's only ever scored runs on ridiculously flat pitches and\or when he's received let-offs - to cover for any other situation so I've basically got 99% of matches any player has ever batted in covered. Bell's usually only scored relatively easy runs. Neither of them have particularly good Test careers to date, but Bell doesn't play for Durham. This alone makes him always worth the go-ahead. This argument is about as well crafted as any in my 56,000+ posts career.
Corrected.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes. I would have to give Taylor MotM over Vettori at this stage, even though both have been fantastic (bar further heroics).

Broad doing his best..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wonder how many Broad will manage to cut the deficit down by with a few hit-it-when-there's-a-single-wicket-left strokes?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Your love of Steve Harmison & Liam Plunkett is ledgendary.
I say they're crap because they're crap, not because they play for Durham.

I actually think Mark Davies is a decent bowler, and Durham have signed some excellent players from overseas in recent years in di Venuto, McKenzie and Benkenstein.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not the best day at the office for Mills with the ball, but he is going up against Broad who is throwing the bat with nothing to lose.
Yeah, exactly. No way can we say everyone earlier should have played as he is. Apart from the fact Mills is bowling very poorly this game, hence his tiny number of overs compared to O'Brien.

And as we say that... :laugh: yes, Broad hits Mills straight to Patel at extra-cover. Well played Stuart Broad, that was an important little knock. But NZ take a lead of 179.