• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Woodster

International Captain
Taylor looking very good, although you do get the feeling one of his ambitious drives on the up outside the off stump may bring keeper and slips in to play pretty soon if England's attack remains patient and consistent in that area.

Oram all at sea at the moment and the rain and tea has probably come at a good time for him to gather himself and remember that he is actually on the back of a very good knock at Lords.

Good position for England I feel, having NZ at 180-4, Flynn in next probably a little tentative, then down to Vettori and co. A decent track to bat on aswell, nice bit of pace and bounce in the track for the batters that get set.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good position for England I feel, having NZ at 180-4.
If it wasnt for Flynn being hit, I'd say the opposite

This looks to be a very good bowling wicket and Eng should be disappointed - if Anderson looks threatening, imagine what Flintoff would've done plus it's turning

Woodster

International Captain

This looks to be a very good bowling wicket and Eng should be disappointed - if Anderson looks threatening, imagine what Flintoff would've done plus it's turning
It's a good cricket wicket, Taylor is showing what's capable as did How. Not a massive amount of movement but decent enough pace. Just two players in Flynn and Oram that have struggled with the short ball. Flintoff is a handful on any wicket, but yes with the pace and bounce would have provided real problems for NZ.

Pretty pleased to have them four down and possibly bowl them out for under 300, if so, advantage England.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Agreed. There's certainly enough there for the bowlers, but we haven't put enough in the right place. Not dis-similar to first day at Lord's, although different sort of conditons of course.

Lord Flasheart

Cricket Spectator
Flintoff's time has been and gone. The best you can hope for is the odd game here and there. Put a fork in him, he's done. A bit unfortunate. His batting is woeful nowadays and his bowling is awesome fitness permitting but he is always injured. Time to let go Emglish fans.

Flem274*

123/5
Good stuff from the lads today. Marshall's oopsie was expected but thats OK, next series we can bring in Ryder or Fulton.

Jamie How, Ross Taylor and Jacob Oram factor in common: Central Districts.:cool:

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Good stuff from the lads today. Marshall's oopsie was expected but thats OK, next series we can bring in Ryder or Fulton.

Jamie How, Ross Taylor and Jacob Oram factor in common: Central Districts.:cool:
I was going to mention this, not a good day for ND fans... Southee's 'dropped', Marshall's duck, and Flynn's dental rearrangement. Only hope is Vettori to get more wickets, but that's no consolation for me.

Who are we playing next series? If Marshall continues to fail, I want to see another up and comer dropped in (could be Ryder, but he's a bit dodgy off the field) at 3.

GGG

State Captain
I was going to mention this, not a good day for ND fans... Southee's 'dropped', Marshall's duck, and Flynn's dental rearrangement. Only hope is Vettori to get more wickets, but that's no consolation for me.

Who are we playing next series? If Marshall continues to fail, I want to see another up and comer dropped in (could be Ryder, but he's a bit dodgy off the field) at 3.
Ryders hand is to dodgy to field atm and may stop him playing the one dayers, Fulton should of been number 3 from the start.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a bad effort, considering Flynn will bat again. At least with this side they're willing to have a go rather than sit back and let the opposition completely dominate them.

Like I said yesterday, Marshall is the one loose end for me in this batting lineup. We need someone more solid at #3 and I think if Fulton gets himself right, he can own that position.

Minimum 350 needed.

Flem274*

123/5
Key day here. We could take a near unassailable position (400 odd) or we could hand England the advantage and fold for 250. I feel confident we'll make at least 300 with Taylor in form, Flynn could score a few and of course the batting backstop Vettori. The grumpy left arm swing bowler Sidebottom could well skittle us though. Best bowler in the two sides imo.

Interesting to see Panesar getting turn. Hopefully Vettori and possibly Redmond (started as a spinner after all, could give him a trundle if we need a variation) can make use of it.

Surprised England haven't tried Colly yet. he has a habit of making things happen. Good part timer is that Colly.