• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Aggers and Co pontificating the possibility of getting out beacuse of a lost tooth dislodging the bails:-O

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Taylor is looking in exellent touch and I hope he gets a big one. How good was that hook shot off anderson. Shame How got out because he was playing well.

chalky

International Debutant
Taylor is looking in exellent touch and I hope he gets a big one. How good was that hook shot off anderson. Shame How got out because he was playing well.

TBF How got a near unplayable delivery was a good effort to nick it really, add to fact that it was bowled by Anderson there was probably a huge suprise factor also

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Aggers and Co pontificating the possibility of getting out beacuse of a lost tooth dislodging the bails:-O
Memories of a bit of Gatting's nose having to be taken out of the ball after a garner bouncer in 1986. Happy days :)

The other unworthy thought, now that he appears to be OK, is whether the super slowmo showed Flynn's head vibrating after impact like it does with the bats.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Memories of a bit of Gatting's nose having to be taken out of the ball after a garner bouncer in 1986. Happy days :)

The other unworthy thought, now that he appears to be OK, is whether the super slowmo showed Flynn's head vibrating after impact like it does with the bats.
Wasn't he hit by Patterson too?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weird, Oram seems comfortable against Sidebottom today but is having all sorts of trouble against Anderson. The complete opposite of Lord's.

chalky

International Debutant
I thought Gatting was hit by Marshall - It seems these great West Indies fast bowlers just seem to blend into one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Taylor and Oram - the new Twose and Cairns - are looking poles-apart from Lord's.

And I? Am off to bed. No more sitting-up, not a good idea.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't he hit by Patterson too?
Quite possibly, but I think the delivery that messed up his nose came from Garner. Actually, maybe it was Garner that picked up the ball in the gully afterwards. Either way, it was in the first onedayer. I'll try and find out.

EDIT
Chalky was right - it was Marshall that sent down the delivery. A quick search on google of "Gatting" & "nose" did the trick. Looking at cricinfo, the ball must have gone on to hit the stumps, as he was dismissed bowled.

Last edited: