• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

chalky

International Debutant
Langer in South Africa against Ntini a few years back was pretty nasty

Didn't a New Zealand batsmen get his nose broken in South Africa before christmas?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Didn't a New Zealand batsmen get his nose broken in South Africa before christmas?
That was Craig Cumming, his jaw I think. That was really nasty too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only saw that on highlights.
Craig Cumming had a nasty hit, not sure whether it was a broken nose. There was Michael Papps 2 years previously too. Saw the former in highlights and the latter not at all.

Another that comes to mind is Gibbs against Drakes in '03/04, but I only saw that on highlights too.

Oram hit as well.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
On the Anderson/Hoggard thing. I have a feeling that Anderson was taken for the first Test because Hoggard and Sidebottom are considered too similar by the selectors. Reckon they are reluctant to play the two together and would rather have someone with a touch more pace than one. Sidebottom's the form guy, so Hoggard misses out.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only saw that on highlights.

Craig Cumming had a nasty hit, not sure whether it was a broken nose. There was Michael Papps 2 years previously too. Saw the former in highlights and the latter not at all.

Another that comes to mind is Gibbs against Drakes, but I only saw that on highlights too.

Oram hit as well.
Yeah Craig was spurting all over the place and Michael had blood smeared everywhere.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Eng's bowlers get on target, they could roll NZ here

There is definitely something in the wicket but Anderson and others have struggled to put 2 balls in the same spot.

Sidebottom has been the exception but his spot has been about a foot outside off stump. BTW, is he carrying quite a few pounds or am I imagining things?

McCullum's shot was a disgrace but at least Taylor looks more settled this time

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was Michael Papps 2 years previously too.
That was from a couple of knocks to the head facing Brett Lee. Ended up with concussion I think.

Was at the ground for that game, the noise as the ball hit his head both times was awful.

jammay123

State 12th Man
On the Anderson/Hoggard thing. I have a feeling that Anderson was taken for the first Test because Hoggard and Sidebottom are considered too similar by the selectors. Reckon they are reluctant to play the two together and would rather have someone with a touch more pace than one. Sidebottom's the form guy, so Hoggard misses out.
probably correct in 2006 when hoggard and lewis, who they thought were similar played together i remember them both bowling quite badly