• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, some swing 2nd ball with the new one (1st ball was way too short). Taylor rapped on the pads by a very straight one, which fortunately for him was too high.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Anderson get get the outswinger-to-the-left-hander going, he has to get around-the-wicket ASAP.

Aaaaaaaand guess what? It's raining.

Stedmeisters, how has that rain in St.Helen's ended-up?

chalky

International Debutant
Yup. I suppose the absolute dream scenario now that he's playing again is Jones plus Flintoff, SB & Panesar. Probably more chance of the Beatles reforming, I suppose. Hoggard's an interesting one - me & Richard were discussing him the other day, in particular his average of 35 over the last 2 years compared to 25 in the 2 and a half years before that. My take on the matter is that he'll spare us Anderson's absolute direnes when out of sorts, but I don't see him taking many wickets against SA & Aus over the next yar or so.
I would want Hoggard back for South Africa if only to embarrass Graeme Smith if nothing else. I suppose the crux of the matter is wheather Hoggard is on the slide or if he is just going through a poor patch caused by injury & lack of bowling. i would go for the latter.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Argh, that is nasty indeeed. Thought the days of whacks in the mouth and blood and teeth were gone TBH.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I would want Hoggard back for South Africa if only to embarrass Graeme Smith if nothing else. I suppose the crux of the matter is wheather Hoggard is on the slide or if he is just going through a poor patch caused by injury & lack of bowling. i would go for the latter.
I would imagine that Smith would rather face Anderson than Hoggard. Depends how much we make of Flecther's observation that Hoggard has 'lost his nip'.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Aaaaaaaand guess what? It's raining.

Stedmeisters, how has that rain in St.Helen's ended-up?
Not as serious as I first suspected. Series of short showers. Lots of cloud around, though. Saving it up for 25 miles down the road, possibly. If the heavens are to open, it'll be about/after 5 imo.

Ow. Bullseye from Anderson. Right where you want a bouncer to be.