• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remarkable bowling figures, Sidebottom's 5 overs have gone for 7 runs, while the other three have conceded a total of 35 from 6.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Right we have a moderate start.... fantastic!! :laugh:

How much did Oram and Flynn played on the English bowlers' heads and how much of a confidence boost is that to our batsmen for this test.

Craig

World Traveller
New Zealand putting on more then 50 against a Test standard team? Now I have a reason to why I don't feel well lately.

Steulen

International Regular
Interesting first hour:

- the pitch appears to be slower than Lord's last week
- Monty getting decent turn with a few balls
- NZ not losing a wicket and scoring at >4 rpo

The unsurprising bit of course is Anderson bowling rubbish.

_Ed_

Will James Marshall finally do something?
That raises an interesting point actually...I'd be in favour of sending McCullum in at three if these two continue at this rate for a while. Try to keep them down.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
You guys are taking a piss already. :@

On this deck I hope our openers bat the whole day (with rain interruptions of course).

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Missed the first hour then came back to 61 for 0. Sounds like Anderson been bowling the biggest pile of crap imaginable. Also sounds like a continuation of the last day at Lord's, when we decreasingly looked like getting anyone out. And having to bring your spinner on after 9 overs on a ground where the seamers have been taking wickets for fun all season is a joke.

_Ed_

I hope that this time next year How & Redmond are still our opening pair.

Haven't had one last more than a couple of months in recent years.

Beleg

International Regular
the pitch is weird but a good one, in my opinion. there's support for both the spinners and the quicks if they put the ball in the right places. which england haven't done so, by and large.

and dropping a catch doesn't help.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
How's the bowling been?

Got home and turned on the tv to see Panesar's pitch map thingy. Looked very short.