• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Poor start from Anderson - if he doesn't find any swing soon, he might get carted.
I just don't understand why this ball isn't swinging TBH, there's been nothing wrong with the seam-positions of either bowler, the cloud is here, and the ball is new.

Well, I suppose there was that odd ball that didn't swing at Lord's too, and the second they got another one it did and got a wicket. Hopefully something similar might happen here.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What happened?

The 40 minutes until I get to go home can't pass quickly enough.
There was a reasonably close LBW shout by Sidebottom against How. I think Hair was correct in giving it not out though...but I still don't like the guy.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just don't understand why this ball isn't swinging TBH, there's been nothing wrong with the seam-positions of either bowler, the cloud is here, and the ball is new.

Well, I suppose there was that odd ball that didn't swing at Lord's too, and the second they got another one it did and got a wicket. Hopefully something similar might happen here.
As Botham said, Its probably not warm enough for swing, but then again who can explain why the ball swings and then doesn't sometimes

Leslie1

U19 Captain
When's the last time NZ got an opening century partnership? Can't remember. I hope this one is though, both looking good and the ball isn't doing very much. 8-)

chalky

International Debutant
When's the last time NZ got an opening century partnership? Can't remember. I hope this one is though, both looking good and the ball isn't doing very much. 8-)
Think they mentioned it on commentry Flemming & Richardson at Trent Bridge on last tour to England.

chalky

International Debutant
Monty struggling to land on the pitch so far - obviously the early bowl caught him by suprise aswell as everyone else.