• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Either way, some good news is that the weather is OK.

The toss is won by Vettori who bats first. ITSTL.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
O Brien must have done the exact opposite impression on Braces as Fulton did to him. :laugh: NZ seamers are due a good spell. Martin to be the top wicket taker! Woot! I'll start watching when Flynn comes to the crease.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aw, WHAT? WTF does Mason have to do?

I'm glad for Southee's sake he's out because I don't think playing these next 2 games would neccessarily have been good for him at all.

And I could understand it if O'Dir(Bri)en's First-Class record was obviously superior to Mason's - but it isn't.
What's the weather like? Of course. after this week's events, the sun seems to be shining on Manchester ATM.

Edit: meh. Hate it when you're typing a post and someone answers the question in it for you :)

Flem274*

123/5
Either way, some good news is that the weather is OK.

The toss is won by Vettori who bats first. ITSTL.
*gulps* I'm scared.

An idea i would like to suggest: Flynn at four, Taylor at five, McCullum at six. Thoughts? I think Flynn might last longer than Taylor in his current 20/20 mode.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
"Southee has been ill the last few days, the decision to drop him is partly that and partly form."

:dry:

At least he understands he's dropped.

chalky

International Debutant
How the **** does Anderson get a game??, He has to be the worst regular international fast bowler. He has had is customary 1 good spell for the series, in perfect conditions, so I expect him to his regular ****eness from now.

Flem274*

123/5
How the **** does Anderson get a game??, He has to be the worst regular international fast bowler. He has had is customary 1 good spell for the series, in perfect conditions, so I expect him to his regular ****eness from now.
Damn you, you may have jinxed him into good form.

Oh an a curious question: Who would dominate who? O'Brien vs Marshall (J). For England Anderson vs Wright.

Steulen

International Regular
AWTA. Should be a failure this Test and the next.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Much as I don't rate him and find such a scenario perfectly conceivable, it's very grey again and the ball certainly should swing. And swing + bounce (which everyone is so far taking for granted though we've not seen the pitch yet) obviously makes Anderson deadly. There shouldn't be the constant edges-dropping-short there was last game.

Still, obviously, you'd expect Sidebottom to outperform him. And if Broad can get the outswing he sometimes managed at Lord's, he too could be very dangerous.

If it was bright skies and sunshine I'd be backing an Anderson spraypaint-utterly-harmless show.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
*gulps* I'm scared.

An idea i would like to suggest: Flynn at four, Taylor at five, McCullum at six. Thoughts? I think Flynn might last longer than Taylor in his current 20/20 mode.
Looks like that IS the batting lineup. Flynn at 4 is the logical choice. He looks the most comfortable out of the top lineup. McCullum back at 7 though.

_Ed_

Nice. Preparing for the weekend? (or not if you're watching cricket :p)
Haha, not really paying any attention to work at the moment tbh.

Nice to see the commentators think we're evenly matched - all but two are picking an England win, and the others are going for a draw. That fills me with optimism.

_Ed_

Nice to see Redmond underway with a decent stroke there, hope he stays in for a decent period of time today.