• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Word is Franklin wants to be a batsman eventually and bowl less and less (like Oram). Is there any truth to this? It'd be a shame if that happens.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That would be silly, he wouldn't make the NZ team as a batsman/part-time bowler.

Zinzan

Anyone know whether Old Trafford is a good draining ground or not?

Last edited:

Zinzan

I can't see it happening, but I would like to see Mason given a crack on this bouncy Old Trafford surface. I'm not totally convinced he would be quick enough to be effective, but I'd be interested to see how he would go anyhow.

Flem274*

123/5
Word is Franklin wants to be a batsman eventually and bowl less and less (like Oram). Is there any truth to this? It'd be a shame if that happens.
I doubt it. Anyway we cannot let our best test seamer take that path. I'd like to see him improve his batting to the level of a number 6 though as Oram could get a career ending injury anytime.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Looking at the radar, it's a bit drizzly at the moment, but I think the sun is supposed to come out later. There will probably be one or two showers around today so I'm expecting some stoppages, but I reckon we'll still get a decent amount of overs in.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
So any bets on a rain affected test match and a draw beckoning. :cool: I'll be satisfied so long as one of our newbies score a 50 / 100 and then we draw.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aw, WHAT? WTF does Mason have to do?

I'm glad for Southee's sake he's out because I don't think playing these next 2 games would neccessarily have been good for him at all.

And I could understand it if O'Dir(Bri)en's First-Class record was obviously superior to Mason's - but it isn't.

Flem274*

123/5
GO'Brien! Hoping he can prove to the Haters that he's at least vaguely decent!
Actualy agree with this. Both he and Mason have domestic records that are better than their compainions therefore they have alot more to offer than they've shown imo. Hopefully he puts the bouncer away, he isn't a short pitched style bowler from what I've seen. Pitch it up.