• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it’s getting a bit silly now but at least (by the looks of it) Australia will only have to bat once, Katich failed and Hodge might ton up. :)
How unlucky would Katich be in that case... cause Hodge would probably keep his spot for the next match?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Despite Ponting make it look like ridiculously easy, this isn’t a road by any means- Bounce and pace has not been consistent and there has been at times ample seam movement. A good test wicket.

sideshowtim

Banned
How has Jaggernauth bowled? Can't watch it and I'm not wasting my money to watch it live.
Bowled well and looked good at the start of his spell...Sarwan overbowled him by about 6 overs though. However, he showed that there is definitely something in this pitch for the slow men.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How unlucky would Katich be in that case... cause Hodge would probably keep his spot for the next match?
Its unlucky that if it wasn't for Hayden’s injury, Katich would have the more 'easier' gig of coming in with the pressure likely to be off but he has no one to blame for his innings other than himself.

If Katich played like he did today when he was in the Aus one day team, he probably still be there. Never seen him that flirtatious and impatient.

sideshowtim

Banned
Its unlucky that if it wasn't for Hayden’s injury, Katich would have the more 'easier' gig of coming in with the pressure likely to be off but he has no one to blame for his innings other than himself.

If Katich played like he did today when he was in the Aus one day team, he probably still be there. Never seen him that flirtatious and impatient.
Yeah, I kinda agree, I don't think Katich could be considered unlucky if Hodge has a good'un here...As most people (including Katich) would know, when you get a chance in this Australian team you have to grab it with two hands and hold on for dear life...Katich played a bit of a reckless innings today and can't really blame anyone but himself.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Don't like to see my team demolished thank you. Maybe Saturday as Australia will be batting all day tomorrow. Will get to see Sarwan bat after a few overs.

archie mac

International Coach
Don't like to see my team demolished thank you. Maybe Saturday as Australia will be batting all day tomorrow. Will get to see Sarwan bat after a few overs.
A little surprised, we (Aussies) use to show up circa 83-84 just to watch Viv and Mr. Marshall, and in the hope that the Aussies would pull off a major upset:)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
both Kat and Hodge wil be replaced next game anyway if Haydos is ready
Tony Cozier was suggesting that Haydos will be out for the entire test series. Excellent news as far as the West Indies will be concern, although, the inevitable defeat will now come a little bit more slower.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Tony Cozier was suggesting that Haydos will be out for the entire test series. Excellent news as far as the West Indies will be concern, although, the inevitable defeat will now come a little bit more slower.
oh i see

and radio had Jim Maxwell and some West Indian.. was ok..shame they for some reason cut the broadcast off :(