• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh well, just getting a score will do him some good. He hasn't done anything of note since that 100 against South Africa, but now he's got another one to his name. Vital innings. Well batted Jake.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Incredibly, out of the 132 these two have put-on as of this post, Flynn has just 25 of them. :blink:
Don't knock it. He's done exactly what he needed to do. We could do with someone steadying things up in the middle order, given how often one or two wickets have tended to turn into a collapse for us in recent times.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, still they're talking about Harmison for Old Trafford. :wallbash:

Oram's century comes off just 120 balls too, that's pretty damn sharp.

Days of Grace

International Captain
He's stayed in like Flynn, basically.:dry:

Anyway, I am very happy with Big Jake. Much needed and am very happy for him. To get three boundaries off his recent nemesis, just puts the icing on the cake.:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't knock it. He's done exactly what he needed to do. We could do with someone steadying things up in the middle order, given how often one or two wickets have tended to turn into a collapse for us in recent times.
Wasn't knocking it at all, it's been a fine innings. Just really, really unusual to see such a big partnership with such a small contribution from one of them.

Interestingly, if time were to be added on until 444 overs had been bowled I reckon NZ might just be in pole position.

Sidebottom gets Oram eventually though! Lovely delivery.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And out. Well he's done his job anyway. Like to see us get to stumps with a few wickets in hand.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now here's interesting, McCullum comes back out. Hope he's truly fit for this, but even if so I don't see what he has to gain.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, think we can fairly safely say there's not much ill-effect there from McCullum's arm. Two utterly crunching strokes already.

Get Anderson off and get Collingwood on FFS.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sidebottom almost had Flynn there, just a fraction high. Flicking the top of the bails according to HawkEye, so yeah, n\o.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait until he toes one, that will be the indicator. Another thing is that trauma pain can be hidden by adrenaline as well as becoming far more apparent a few hours after stopping exercise - which may be why he has gone out to bat?

I remember, in the winter, getting hit on the ankle by a medium pacer. It knocked me down but I got straight up and didn't feel too bad. In the night, I was literally screaming in pain and couldn't walk properly for a few days.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aye, absolutely. We'll only see later on, but playing without seemingly being in pain now > playing in pain or not playing because of pain.