• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Top 7 ever?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well if thats the case all of yall needs your heads examined.

As i told you before you were right about Hayden pre 05 Ashes but your views about him still are subjected to his performances pre 05 Ashes based on the reasons you gave to me about why you don't rate Hayden a few months back, which also tells me that you and the others (as you claim, just don't pull anyone into your bandwagon) have totally disreguarded his progess post 05 Ashes.

I'll be very interested to hear your views about Hayden especially if he last until the next years Ashes as predicted given that he has potentialy a potent English attack to contend with next year & a very strong SA attack in conditions that based on your theory Lawrence should be a walking wicket.
I've told you before, not very much has changed since 2005/06. Hayden has simply got back on flat pitches and started dominating again.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
IIRC, Richard has never actually called Hayden 'total crap'.
back in 2005 when i first became a member of this site i am sure that comment was thrown about along with by either him or TEC that he was total crap againts quality bowling or againts the moving ball.

He was also termed a FTB, that i am sure of.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
back in 2005 when i first became a member of this site i am sure that comment was thrown about along with by either him or TEC that he was total crap againts quality bowling or againts the moving ball.

He might have called hm total crap against good attacks, but not total crap alltogether.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

"Total crap against good seam\swing-bowling" is not the same as "total crap".

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well unless you can explain that nonsense that since the 05 Ashes Hayden has just gotten back on flat pitches & started dominating again (which i know you can't with any sense anyway) you might as well get away from the computer.

Because that proves only 2 things:

- you either are totally oblivious of Australia test matches since the 05 Ashes.

- or you aren't, but letting you obvious narrow minded bias towards Hayden blind you of his OBVIOUS improvement since the 05 Ashes failure.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I've just watched the games and decided nothing has changed. The bowling, especially of West Indies, was abysmal in 2005/06, and the pitches flat. There was something in the surfaces for one or two occasions in the South Africa series, but none of the occasions Hayden scored runs. He did get out when there was something in them sometimes, however.

Obviously he played poorly in 2006/07. And all the pitches against India in 2007/08 were flat too, and nor was the seam-bowling exactly top-class. RP Singh bowled OK of times (only time he really bowled well was the game Hayden missed), and that's pretty much it.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The seam bowling by the Indian side was some of the best by an away side for yonks. Not only did they seam, they swung it too. Hayden dominated Tests and ODIs. You need to stop hating on the guy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I don't - it's not possible to stop doing something you haven't done.

Aside from the fact it's not possible to "hate on" someone.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No, I've just watched the games and decided nothing has changed. The bowling, especially of West Indies, was abysmal in 2005/06, and the pitches flat. There was something in the surfaces for one or two occasions in the South Africa series, but none of the occasions Hayden scored runs. He did get out when there was something in them sometimes, however.

Obviously he played poorly in 2006/07. And all the pitches against India in 2007/08 were flat too, and nor was the seam-bowling exactly top-class. RP Singh bowled OK of times (only time he really bowled well was the game Hayden missed), and that's pretty much it.
The bolded shows your ignorance & given that i've already argued it before i won't get into another Hayden argument again.

Lets cut a deal my youth if Hayden scores well againts the SA attack of Steyn/Ntini/Morkel/Nel (if he plays again) & hopefully a solid Flintoff lead English attack & don't post back on CW for 1 year. Reason being even though your knowledge of the game is as good some of your assertions over the years have been piss poor yo especially this Hayden bashing that has been going on for way too long now, so that will be your punishment.

So deal or no deal son?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's no guarantee such attacks will fit the calibre I'm hoping they will. Names sometimes look good but do not produce the goods.

And really, no, to make a deal involving absence would just be silly TBH, even if I did believe I had a near-certain chance of what I hope for coming to pass. Not a chance.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The bolded shows your ignorance & given that i've already argued it before i won't get into another Hayden argument again.

Lets cut a deal my youth if Hayden scores well againts the SA attack of Steyn/Ntini/Mørkel/Nel (if he plays again) & hopefully a solid Flintoff lead English attack & don't post back on CW for 1 year. Reason being even though your knowledge of the game is as good some of your assertions over the years have been piss poor yo especially this Hayden bashing that has been going on for way too long now, so that will be your punishment.

So deal or no deal son?
LOL bro, Richard ignores an attack of Donald, Kallis and Pollock where Hayden averaged 100 for the series. You're making a bet with the willfully ignorant.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Pollock and Kallis were in the form of their lives and Donald was on a slight decline.

And Hayden averaged...100+. Only a hate so red-hot can be so ignorant.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Kaz is right about the SA attack of the Australian leg of that unofficial WC series though.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Reckon you need a few more ITBT.

Almost an insult to Waugh that the two of them ever occupied the same batting position in a Test TBH.

(Just in case - YES THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! though with some meaning)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: