• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Love seeing Essendon pounded. Their game plan doesn't involve tackling at all.
Was happy with our efforts tonight, was expecting a big loss it was always going to happen fielding possibly the youngest ever team. I think 11 of our players had played 50 or less games and 7 less than 10.

Myers looks all class.

mikeW

Going to be an all-Adelaide backline for the dream team. Bock, Rutten, Bassett, Johncock and McLeod all in the 30 man squad. I can see Bassett being left out of the 22, but the others all deserve to be there. Been amazing this season.
Yep Adelaide's backline is amazing, maybe Bassett and Johncock will miss out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was happy with our efforts tonight, was expecting a big loss it was always going to happen fielding possibly the youngest ever team. I think 11 of our players had played 50 or less games and 7 less than 10.

Myers looks all class.
I don't mind Neagle either.

mikeW

I don't mind Neagle either.
Yeah he's a strange one that kid... can't get a kick at VFL level but comes in and has an impact at AFL. From the 3 games he's played (WC last yr, NAB Cup vs Saints and last night) looks like an exciting prospect.

A Neagle, Gumbleton and Daniher forward line looks like it could be quite potent in the future.

Craig

World Traveller
I was watching the IPL this morning and it got me thinking, if the Gold Coast is to get a team and then another team somewhere else, why not use the nicknames from some of the IPL franchises, like the Gold Coast Knight Riders or the Gold Coast Daredevils instead of some crap name like the Sharks. It won't happen though because they are too afraid to be creative in giving a team a name.

IMO a Demons v Daredevils game at the MCG would sound pretty good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sharks makes sense though, for obvious reasons.

It'd be pretty ironic when shark attacks occur to surfers on the Coast as well lol.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gold Coast Cappers. Pink jumper, with a picture of Capper in that sort of fluro white colour, that glows under lights.

pasag

RTDAS
Why are they talking about MORE interstate teams? Should be getting rid of the existing ones if anything.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Why are they talking about MORE interstate teams? Should be getting rid of the existing ones if anything.
Yes, the future of the game is in Victoria, with small crowds, broke teams and a huge split in the supporter base. Put this man in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.