• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The second match was a snooze-fest. Shaun Marsh was very ugly to watch. A few defensive strokes, ample inside-edges as well as some deflections of wide deliveries. That the Chargers still failed to defend the total shows up their weakness in their bowling. While Bangar turned up a more-than-decent yet wicketless performance, the rest were largely uninspiring and that extra bowler didn't deserve a match in the IPL. Sangakkara and Yuvraj not getting much, and Goel and Irfan not getting to bat, could only happen in a match where nearly everything went wrong- including a partnership with the Deccan tail.

Rohit Sharma continues to impress. Even as we hear so much about international players leading the pack, he's quietly racked up the runs, all against top-notch teams. He surely has made a place for himself in the national side, at least in the more instant version of the game. The rest of the batting, though, was scratchy. In fact, the winner of the DLF Maximum Sixes award (Rohit again) only hit two sixes!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Warne was outstanding again in captaincy, and he really has had a dramatic effect on this bunch of youngsters. Very good to see.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne was outstanding again in captaincy, and he really has had a dramatic effect on this bunch of youngsters. Very good to see.
Yeah, he trusts his side and gives confidence to his bowlers. I mean, he only bowled half his quota today and let the boys do their stuff. He's given them enough sun to grow.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very Interesting to see Rajistan in the top 3, since at the start they were wooden spoon favorites.

Top_Cat

Precisely why he would have been a better captain for Aus than Steve Waugh. He's pretty bullish about making sure he has the team he wants but once he has it, he gets the best out of every player whether good or average. Signs of an outstanding captain, not least his record in England.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That implies they have a bowler. :)

Was unlucky last night was Watto, worst decision I've seen for a while. Bowled like a gun, mind.

Thought Marsh was gun myself. Had a bit of luck towards the end, but the job was already done. Top debut and good signs.

Burgey

Warne - is he the best skipper Australia never had?

Was great to see him hook into Ganguly too. I know Sourav's used to getting his way in India, but how in hell did the 3rd umpire give that Smith catch not out?

If that's the standard of video umpiring, maybe we shouldn't have technology.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man.... Felt really sad for the Royal Challengers. You can see how hard Rahul is trying but unfortunately his game is just not cut out for this kind of competition, esp. when he is not in good form even in his favourite formats.... :( Hope they get some wins somehow... But I thought his partnership with Kallis was excellent. They had very little batting ammo left (only Boucher) and they kept themselves in striking distance all the time and before the two absolutely brilliant overs by McGrath and Vettori, they were always scoring on par or above the required rate.

What a gun McGrath is....... He probably is gonna get a 5-fer before this IPL is through. I hope the Super Kings don't suffer tonight :( , although my feeling is that we might run into our first loss tonight. And Vettori is a champion. Had Delhi missed even one of those two, I think RCB might have won. Good on RCB to have come that close after that bad start.

I know this IPL is simply a money making exercise and everything is about the money but the Rajastan Royals and Shane Warne, in particular, to me, have made it all worth it. The man is a genius. I always knew he had a great cricket brain but to me, he is now showing that he is a great team man as well. The way he inspires youngsters is masterful. He is now officially the captain of my all time XI. Screw you, Bradman. :p If the Don has a problem with it, he is out of my team. ;)

And BTW, totally ridiculous call by the 3rd ump on that Graeme Smith catch. How the hell was that not out?