• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid and Kallis partnership - the stuff of dreams. Great to see. McGrath did amazing and now if these two bat well - I'll be a very happy man.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
My only problem with all these Australians doing well is I can just smell the Indian home advantage dissipating with every 20 run over....:p
I don't think so, because the home advantage is based on:
a) Spinning pitches
b) Third, fourth and fifth day pitches

Neither of which are present in the IPL.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think so, because the home advantage is based on:
a) Spinning pitches
b) Third, fourth and fifth day pitches

Neither of which are present in the IPL.
The traditional home advantage of India is based on more than that, everything from the full crazy stadiums, to the heat and humidity, the food, the culture shock, etc. It's not just spin and spinning pitches. Crazy stomach problems for the opposition have probably won us quite a few Tests :p.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He and Dravid (I know he's not an import) have been a disgrace. Ganguly has been ordinary as well.

..Saurav and Rahul have been really disappointing, and better start earning their massive dough other than in a marketing sense.
The thing with class players is that they usually (not necessarily but usually they do) perform and give you the returns. Any one can have a bad 3-4 games. Over 14 games or so, players like Dravid, Ganguly, Gilchrist are more likely to perform than not perform.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
God, The BRC are just so pathetic. Here they need 35 runs from last two overs and their batsmen are taking singles. Get out, if you cant score.

The best batsman in Twenty20 is warming the bench, while Kallis and Dravid hog the strike.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Boucher and Kallis couldn't finish or come even close after Kallis and Dravid set the game so well. Boucher at one stage had just 12 off 11 balls which is not on at the stage he came on. The runs Boucher hit in the last over were a case of too little too late. Delhi didn't do much wrong and Vettori was excellent but Bangalore really should have stretched Delhi much more.

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
God, The BRC are just so pathetic. Here they need 35 runs from last two overs and their batsmen are taking singles. Get out, if you cant score.

The best batsman in Twenty20 is warming the bench, while Kallis and Dravid hog the strike.
They are even more screwed now that Taylor has gone, I guess White comes in for him but they should of been playing them both from the onset.

GGG

State Captain
The thing with class players is that they usually (not necessarily but usually they do) perform and give you the returns. Any one can have a bad 3-4 games. Over 14 games or so, players like Dravid, Ganguly, Gilchrist are more likely to perform than not perform.
The difference is that Gilchrist can go from ball one, the others not so much. Dravid failed in this game a 126 SR is not good enough.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The difference is that Gilchrist can go from ball one, the others not so much. Dravid failed in this game a 126 SR is not good enough.
You don't need every one to go after the ball from the beginning. You need to see that the required run rate is not too high and if you can safeguard one end for your team as well, it is a good job done where I am concerned. Dravid did a good job according to me and his inning would have been looked at as good had the latter players managed to make runs. Being able to hit from ball 1 is an advantage but you don't necessarily need it to succeed as a T20 player. The jury is still out on a fair few of these players - players like Dravid and Kallis on their T20 abilities though.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Why have Dravid and Kallis in together at such a critical time? Surely Boucher in with either of the two would have given a better chance of winning.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bleh, Symonds? 30 runs an over? Aint he a test regular?
Whats so priceless about watching some pitch drunk Aussie singing some old hit pop song? But its funny how people debase themselves in front of their fans.
He qualified himself as an allrounder.
The biggest dissappointment Aussie import this IPL season's been Ricky Ponting. 4 matches Scores of 20, 0, 0, and 19. Two golden ducks. Average below 10. And in the last match used up a dozen over his score and ate up the momentum of the innings. Can he turn things in Windies? Or the poor form continue to there as well?
Bitter much towards Aussie players?
God, thy name is Glenn McGrath. 4/29. :cool:
Aye.

Haven't seen all the games, but I've watched him bowl a bit. What is he now, 38? Been out of the game for a year and you can tell that while he's not unfit, he's hardly in tip top shape.

Yet is there a better bowler in the tournament?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone let me know what area the Deccan Whoevers are from?

Must say I'd heard of the Deccan Traps, but not heard of it in any other context.