• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great... best of luck. :)
Thanks. How s the pricing at the Eden for these games? The Hindustan Times editor seems to think lots of the tickets (esp. the higher priced ones) are not being bought and that lots of them are being given away free. Is that the case there? It seems to be the case in Chennai..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thanks. How s the pricing at the Eden for these games? The Hindustan Times editor seems to think lots of the tickets (esp. the higher priced ones) are not being bought and that lots of them are being given away free. Is that the case there? It seems to be the case in Chennai..
The tickets are of all denominations from the cheap Rs. 100 to Rs. 5000:

1st CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 655.00 INR
2nd CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 325.00 INR
3rd CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 220.00 INR
4th CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 110.00 INR
CLUB HOUSE LOWER Regular 5,450.00 INR
CLUB HOUSE UPPER Regular 3,270.00 INR

I bought a higher priced ticket via the official ticket site (www.ticketpro.in/ipl) and it reached me via mail in 3 days. So it was pretty efficient. I had gone to the Eden to check one day how the tickets were being sold in the stadium and it was pretty well organised with counters on the various entrance gates. There was a ticket controversy a few days back though I here (I don't know the details as I wasn't in the city at the time) when people apparently fought and protested outside the stadium as tickets were not available which they alleged were distributed for free. I am sure that a lot of the club house tickets have been given away for free as very few would buy such costly tickets and yet the club house was jam packed yesterday. The same would be the case for a portion of the other tickets as well I would imagine.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I am going to the match on Friday... Looking fwd to seeing the Daredevils in action. :)
if i remember correctly some days back you were in the stadium in Chennai for a match...are you touring the whole of India for IPL?...or is it a result of a coincidence?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The tickets are of all denominations from the cheap Rs. 100 to Rs. 5000:

1st CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 655.00 INR
2nd CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 325.00 INR
3rd CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 220.00 INR
4th CATEGORY - GENERAL STAND Regular 110.00 INR
CLUB HOUSE LOWER Regular 5,450.00 INR
CLUB HOUSE UPPER Regular 3,270.00 INR

I bought a higher priced ticket via the official ticket site (www.ticketpro.in/ipl) and it reached me via mail in 3 days. So it was pretty efficient. I had gone to the Eden to check one day how the tickets were being sold in the stadium and it was pretty well organised with counters on the various entrance gates. There was a ticket controversy a few days back though I here (I don't know the details as I wasn't in the city at the time) when people apparently fought and protested outside the stadium as tickets were not available which they alleged were distributed for free. I am sure that a lot of the club house tickets have been given away for free as very few would buy such costly tickets and yet the club house was jam packed yesterday. The same would be the case for a portion of the other tickets as well I would imagine.
yeah pretty much all 5K + priced tickets cannot have too many buyers, IMO. Even if the best in the world are playing, 5000+ rupees for 3 hours of cricket and music is too much, IMHO. :)

But great that you enjoyed. Any live music gng on at the ground?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
if i remember correctly some days back you were in the stadium in Chennai for a match...are you touring the whole of India for IPL?...or is it a result of a coincidence?
lol... this game is in Chennai too... Daredevils Vs the Super Kings. :)

Can't afford to around the country following the IPL at my current salary, unfortunately. :(

Maybe in better times (hopefully soon), I can think of it. :) *fingers crossed*

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
yeah pretty much all 5K + priced tickets cannot have too many buyers, IMO. Even if the best in the world are playing, 5000+ rupees for 3 hours of cricket and music is too much, IMHO.
Yeah, 5k is way too costly. I didn't pay that much but wouldn't mind doing it for 1 game to get the view the lower club house offers.

But great that you enjoyed. Any live music gng on at the ground?
Yeah, a lot of bollywood songs were being played. It was very much a party atmosphere like T20 games usually tend to be.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
lol... this game is in Chennai too... Daredevils Vs the Super Kings. :)

Can't afford to around the country following the IPL at my current salary, unfortunately. :(

Maybe in better times (hopefully soon), I can think of it. :) *fingers crossed*
Oh I thought for today's Daredevils match... :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The biggest dissappointment Aussie import this IPL season's been Ricky Ponting. 4 matches Scores of 20, 0, 0, and 19. Two golden ducks. Average below 10. And in the last match used up a dozen over his score and ate up the momentum of the innings. Can he turn things in Windies? Or the poor form continue to there as well?
He and Dravid (I know he's not an import) have been a disgrace. Ganguly has been ordinary as well.

At least Ponting is showing he was worth the small price they paid for him. Saurav and Rahul have been really disappointing, and better start earning their massive dough other than in a marketing sense.