• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Days of Grace

International Captain
Why on earth would Dravid bat at no.7? In T20, if he isn't in the top three, there is no point in him playing at all i.m.o. He's not exactly a no.7 who can smack it over the ropes with 2 overs to go.

Jeez, Bangalore will be dire when Taylor, their only worthy T20 batsman, goes to England.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't see why it's surprising or even that there's anything wrong with it. The casual Australian newspaper reader doesn't care what Dhoni does in an Indian domestic competition. Sure, I do, but I don't need to read the newspaper the next day to find out, so I'm not their target audience. What Australians do care about is how the Australian players are going over there, so that is what is reported on.

sideshowtim

Banned
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also it's amazing to see nobody even commented here about Dhoni's 23 runs off Steyn. Had it been done by some foreign player...5 pages would ve been consumed.8-)
Australian media shows Aussie bias, Indian media shows Indian bias. Nothing to see here folks and certainly not postworthy.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see why it's surprising or even that there's anything wrong with it. The casual Australian newspaper reader doesn't care what Dhoni does in an Indian domestic competition. Sure, I do, but I don't need to read the newspaper the next day to find out, so I'm not their target audience. What Australians do care about is how the Australian players are going over there, so that is what is reported on.
They got to report the facts. It is incorrect to report that Hussey led CSK to 4th win.

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
..say what, are you trying to tell me the aussies only like to read an Aussie name on the paper?

So there is a game where a no name called Ojha takes a 5 fer but aussie media will report a 2 fer from Bret lee just coz that team won?

I knew fosters was good but not that good, I suppose rest of your mates don't agree with ya ..jeez. :laugh:

A Correct Headline for Target Audience: Hussey says goodbye with a 45 as Dhoni stars in CSK win

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh, I gotta agree with Rajeev here. Not even mentioning Dhoni and making it out as if Hussey was the saviour is just plain misinforming.

On the same note, Rajeev, there is no need to generalise about media bias.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So there is a game where a no name called Ojha takes a 5 fer but aussie media will report a 2 fer from Bret lee just coz that team won?
If it's an Indian domestic game, then yes. The Australian media is only reporting on it because there are Australians involved, so their involvement is what will get reported on. People who get their IPL news from Australian newspapers wouldn't give two hoots about Pragyan Ojha to cite your example; they're reading it to see how Lee and Hussey are doing.

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
If it's an Indian domestic game, then yes. The Australian media is only reporting on it because there are Australians involved, so their involvement is what will get reported on. People who get their IPL news from Australian newspapers wouldn't give two hoots about Pragyan Ojha to cite your example; they're reading it to see how Lee and Hussey are doing.
..then report their score, don't lie by saying hussey won them the game..he was involved but wasn't the HERO

Get the point boy

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just check the headline of RRC vs DC game even though Y Pathan was MOM match every news paper had Shane warne in their head line..
Of course they did - he's a human headline after all.

It's like golf. Rajeev showed a report straight off the wire by AAP. You'll read golf reports here "Aussie runs 4th in whatever event. Led into last three holes, but went bogey, bogey par to miss out. The event was won by the usual unkonwn Yank with a weird name like Bubba". And the by-line will be "Aussie's Big payday" or something like that.

Now, I know it's hard to comprehend, but the IPL, well it aint that big a deal here in the media. The SMH (Sydney broadsheet) often has nothing in its sports section on it, unless an Aussie bloke does well, because it's an Indian domestic comp. It's the same with county cricket. Believe it or not, the mainstream, non-cricket tragic media here don't really care if Jodi Pantsdown-Naughtyboy from Surrey scored a double ton v Lancs, coz it's an English domestic comp. If an Aussie bloke scores a ton in the same match, it may however get a mention.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
..then report their score, don't lie by saying hussey won them the game..he was involved but wasn't the HERO

Get the point boy
Nowhere did they they use the word "hero". They said he led the team to the win, which was stretching it a bit I agree, but he was the backbone of their innings and second top scored so it's not like they flat-out lied.

Creative journalism at worst. The target audiance didn't care about Dhoni so he wasn't mentioned. It wouldn't have been in the paper at all if Hussey (or other Australians) weren't playing. End of.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Rajeev: "I h8 aus"
Others: "lol why"
Rajeev: "lol u dont listen, h8 h8."

Solid last few posts.
Not really...He's just saying if Aussie newspapers don't wanna talk abt Dhoni then it's fine; but how can they misinform by sayin Hussey led CSK to victory?...talk abt Hussey and Hayden and Hayden and Hussey and noone else that's fine...but don't misinform people by sayin Hussey led CSK to victory...Also from his posts it's never implied that he hates Aus or Aussie newspapers...He just found that specific news item inappropriate that's it.