• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Oh really?

In other news...

Marshall back after three-year absence

Apr 27, 2008

The Black Caps open their tour of England with a one-day match against an MCC XI at Arundel in West Sussex on Sunday night.

Central Districts opener Jamie How will captain the side, which features debutants Aaron Redmond and Daniel Flynn.

James Marshall also makes a return to the national side after a three year absence and feels he's better equipped this time around.

Marshall said during that time he has refined his game and has looked to play straighter.

The MCC XI features former Black Caps Chris Cairns and Nathan Astle, plus Auckland batsman Rob Nicol.

Can you catch the detailed scorecard of this game on Cricinfo?

There's also murmurs around that Kolkata wants to get McCullum to play for them in between (break) 2nd test and 3rd test. That would be sour in my book. More on this I'm sure.

Tim Southee has been reported in the news as having earned over 150 000+ thanks largely to his NZC contract and U19s. Not bad for a rookie is it? See below...

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
MSP was dire in New Zealand, and the English players were so over his dire fielding, he also brings nothing with the bat, get a decent spinner England FFS.
Didn't think he did too badly in NZ actually. Certainly was the better performing spinner in the series.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Jamie How apparently playing the game by himself. :laugh:

Fulton is in next, Grant Elliot at 4. I have no idea who's opening with How atm.

EDIT: (To Bat) PG Fulton, GD Elliott, wicketkeeperGJ Hopkins, TG Southee, JS Patel, MR Gillespie, MJ Mason, JAH Marshall

Edit 2: Must be Redmond since Cricinfo can't comprehend a non-existent player before this match.

Last edited:

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Flynn must be a certainty for the first test so we are utilizing our bowlers wanting to be batsmen up the order. :laugh:

Flem274*

123/5
JAH Marshall, PG Fulton, D Flynn, GD Elliott, +GJ Hopkins, TG Southee, JS Patel, MR Gillespie, MJ Mason

Where's MARTIN???
Not in because he's a rubbish one day bowler.

Elliot bowling to Cairns will be interesting after lots of ICL hitting shoddy medium pacers practice.

EDIT: LOL at the pattern emerging here to Elworthy: Block four, dispatch the fifth, single of the sixth. Stonewall Sean Ervine.

2ND EDIT: Finally scoring off Ervine.

Last edited:

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Hmm. I had the impression he's our spearhead bowler in both forms of the game this summer. I can't remember him bowling badly in our last ODI series against England.

Edit: I'm hoping Fulton gets himself a century from this game to get all manners of form back. Fulton in form is such a big bonus for us in the tests.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Hmm. I had the impression he's our spearhead bowler in both forms of the game this summer. I can't remember him bowling badly in our last ODI series against England.
I can. His main problem is he doesn't actualy take many wickets, which is fine if you go at threes but he spends most of his time going at fours of fives.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
I agree about the wicket taking part. He does flatter to deceive in tests in that department. COnsidering how crap he was in the 04 tour, and how he is a certainty in the tests series, I would have thought it would be wise to have him playing as many tour matches as possible.

Gillespie is in the side to do what exactly? He's the first one going home after May 1st. Mason has been confirmed as the 4th seamer.

Edit: Go Redmond Gogo.

Last edited: