• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Conrad Smith ****s all over Richard Kahui. And yes I'm biased-Smith is an old boy of my school, bloody Wellingtonians took him.

Forget Conrad - give me the talent of Davey Smith! Woo hoo! Wide on the wing, pass it to him and let him blast through all comers!! RRRRAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Yah we do seem to have a history. Remember Regan King? Best center playing in Europe at the moment. Won some award last year for best player. Don't quote me though.

The only way Otago, Wellington and Auckland will get a look in for their young guns is when the current crop of selectors defect and quit. Hadlee loves ND (Southee and Flynn and Marshall and making Vettori captain leading to Flem's premature retirement) and he's the chairman of selectors.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Forget Conrad - give me the talent of Davey Smith! Woo hoo! Wide on the wing, pass it to him and let him blast through all comers!! RRRRAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!
Don't have a clue who he is, my rugby knowledge is severely limited.

Scott Ireland for All Black fullback IMO (yup another old boy of my school).

Flem274*

123/5
Yah we do seem to have a history. Remember Regan King? Best center playing in Europe at the moment. Won some award last year for best player. Don't quote me though.

The only way Otago, Wellington and Auckland will get a look in for their young guns is when the current crop of selectors defect and quit. Hadlee loves ND (Southee and Flynn and Marshall) and he's the chairman of selectors.
Hadlee just quit and Turner is from Otago....(I think, I've probably stuffed this up)

John Wright is a ND-Canterbury hybrid sop things won't change much if we stivk with your theory.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Actually about that, are we going to get a new set of selectors like the English have done lately? Now that Hadlee is retiring and Braces will be gone after the English series (rumored after he accepted an offer to start up and run a cricketing academy in england)

Flem274*

123/5
Actually about that, are we going to get a new set of selectors like the English have done lately? Now that Hadlee is retiring and Braces will be gone after the English series (rumored after he accepted an offer to start up and run a cricketing academy in england)
YES!!! We might beat them next test tour now. Though they might beat us in the one dayers for once...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sutcliffe is one of many great cricketers to have turned out for the mighty Albion club in Dunedin:

- Glenn Turner
- Mark Richardson
- Brendon McCullum
- Sutcliffe (only one season, but...)
- Martin Snedden
- John Bracewell (very sorry about that)
- Barry Milburn
- Andrew Jones

Unfortunately, the mental image of the Albion NZ rep honours board isn't burned into my memory, so I can't remember the rest of them - I think they're up to 120 Otago reps though.

Flem274*

123/5
Sutcliffe is one of many great cricketers to have turned out for the mighty Albion club in Dunedin:

- Glenn Turner
- Mark Richardson
- Brendon McCullum
- Sutcliffe (only one season, but...)
- Martin Snedden
- John Bracewell (very sorry about that)
- Barry Milburn
- Andrew Jones

Unfortunately, the mental image of the Albion NZ rep honours board isn't burned into my memory, so I can't remember the rest of them - I think they're up to 120 Otago reps though.
Craig Cumming?:p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
He is stupid enough to play for Green Island - an area of Dunedin best known for poverty-line bogans and a landslip 30 years ago. But, coming from Timaru, I guess the boganism appeals to him.