• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Leslie1

U19 Captain
McGlashan. Arnel. BJ Watling. Trent Boult (next round of contract selection). Hell I'd have the whole ND team there, except Vettori as captain. :happy: :huh: :sleep: :happy:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
McGlashan. Arnel. BJ Watling. Trent Boult (next round of contract selection). Hell I'd have the whole ND team there, except Vettori as captain. :happy: :huh: :sleep: :happy:
Please note this is the **Official** New Zealand in England thread, not the **Official** Northern Districts in England thread.

Just what exactly did the "Knights" win this season?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

McGlashan isn't even the best keeper-batsman in the Northern Districts side and it makes me sick when he gets the (since devalued) Blackcap for playing in the 20:20 side.

I guess you'll be aching for Bryan Young to get the call up too??

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Provincial bias in New Zealand (aside from perhaps allowing for the Canterbury mafia in the 1990s) is ridiculous. Hell, Otago have been punching above their weight for the last few years, but there's no way at all that I'd be pushing for the inclusion of James McMillan, Warren McSkimming, de Boerder, et al for the Black Caps. What I particularly enjoy is when posters (usually younger ones - watch the emo teenagers bite like piranhas on a fat tourist's arm in the Amazon) get all excited about a couple of performances and touting them for the Black Caps, having no idea what they look like, what their actions or techniques are like or whether they are in fact the slowest fielder in history.

With our small domestic pool of players there are going to be even fewer players of international standard, so it gets particularly tiresome when some posters name most of their supported domestic side as chances for a tour.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With our small domestic pool of players there are going to be even fewer players of international standard, so it gets particularly tiresome when some posters name most of their supported domestic side as chances for a tour.
Sam Fairley anyone?? No??

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Like the central districts, absolutely nothing. Otago won the List A, but Cumming got handed the red card. TBF, I was being dry about the whole ND in the BC side thing. :laugh:

But tbh (starting to learn the jargons), only a matter of time before Black Caps is a hybrid of ND and CD anyways, arguably the smaller unions of the 5. Both ND and CD have won nothing and close to bottom of the table for both comps.

Possible hybrid (in the very near future):

BJ Watling (ND)
Jamie How (CD)
J Ryder (CD)
R Taylor (CD)
D Flynn (ND)
J Oram (CD)
B McCullum (OT)
D Vettori (ND)
T Southee (ND)
R Sherlock (CD)
K Mills (AK)

Patel (WN) 12th man :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Provincial bias in New Zealand (aside from perhaps allowing for the Canterbury mafia in the 1990s) is ridiculous. Hell, Otago have been punching above their weight for the last few years, but there's no way at all that I'd be pushing for the inclusion of James McMillan, Warren McSkimming, de Boerder, et al for the Black Caps. What I particularly enjoy is when posters (usually younger ones - watch the emo teenagers bite like piranhas on a fat tourist's arm in the Amazon) get all excited about a couple of performances and touting them for the Black Caps, having no idea what they look like, what their actions or techniques are like or whether they are in fact the slowest fielder in history.

Emos don't bite- they slit their wrists, funnily enough.

Its sooooooooooo not fair you discrimminate against us!!!:p

TBF James McMillan is a decent prospect, he's just completely out of form.

Broom is a good, good player also.

And I'll barrack for CD all I want:p

Flem274*

123/5
Like arse it is.
Well you just withdrew Otago out.:p

Can't really base this stuff anyway on who wins what. A team could all suck at batting bar one player (Sound like ND?:p ) and therefore lose everything but if that player averaged 45-50 in domestic cricket he'd at least be in the frame.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Look, I know Jimmy McMillan, I like the guy, but he's never ever going to be a Black Cap, simply because he's the cricketing equivalent of Richard Kahui. Will spend more minutes on the physio's table than the field. And yes, of course there are Otago players who might not disgrace the Black Cap, but there was never going to be more than one of Redmond, Broom or Todd, while Bradley Scott was a roughie, but is further down the pecking order and - from the evidence I've seen - quite simply isn't quick enough for international cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
Look, I know Jimmy McMillan, I like the guy, but he's never ever going to be a Black Cap, simply because he's the cricketing equivalent of Richard Kahui. Will spend more minutes on the physio's table than the field. And yes, of course there are Otago players who might not disgrace the Black Cap, but there was never going to be more than one of Redmond, Broom or Todd, while Bradley Scott was a roughie, but is further down the pecking order and - from the evidence I've seen - quite simply isn't quick enough for international cricket.
Fair call. Look who took the bait that time...:ph34r:

I've heard alot about the pros and cons of Bradley Scott. If all our bowlers are decimated through injury he'll probably get a go (look for him in the third test vs England). He'll either be brilliant or absolute rubbish I feel, just because of the well known pros and cons.

Flem274*

123/5
You can when one poster contends - joking or otherwise - that most of the Northern Districts side should be in the Black Caps.

No, I didn't. Try reading my posts properly.
First thing: Yes I know

Second thing: Try turning on your smartarse detector. It'll blow up when it scans me.:p

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Dude when he wins us the world cup in 11 I'll thank you for giving him this kind of wrap. :)

That's another issue for another type of forum. BEST god damn center since Umaga retired. C Smith can only hope for a distant 2nd. And every other center lacks a brain or makeshift.

Flem you like the ND CD hybrid? :)

Flem274*

123/5
Dude when he wins us the world cup in 11 I'll thank you for giving him this kind of wrap. :)

That's another issue for another type of forum. BEST god damn center since Umaga retired. C Smith can only hope for a distant 2nd. And every other center lacks a brain or makeshift.
Conrad Smith ****s all over Richard Kahui. And yes I'm biased-Smith is an old boy of my school, bloody Wellingtonians took him.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Second thing: Try turning on your smartarse detector. It'll blow up when it scans me.:p
I feel like unleashing some spite. This forum is just too damned nice.

Leslie,

I predict Kahui will be playing overseas or retired within two years. He's a bit overhyped. Oh wait, he's from the Waikato. No wonder you rate him. Snore...