• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Fev was superb, some excellent marking from both sides as well. Awesome stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
RICHMOND ****ING TIGERS! Keep going boys.

Oh and I also had a feeling Blues would win, but thought better of it to say something or bet anything on that.

Good on the Blues.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U]CW Tipping 2008 - Round 4[/U]

DCYE - 24
MikeW - 22
Josh - 21
Alternative - 20
Irfan - 20
Pasag - 20
Sam_Vimes - 20
Sir B.I - 20
BBrumby - 19
Clapo - 19
Jono - 19
MorgieB - 19
NewZT - 19
Simon - 19
Hoggy - 18
Ash Chaulk - 18
Cameeel - 18
Vic_Orthodox - 18
R_D - 17
SKD - 17
Voltman - 17
Matteh - 16
HeathDavis - 15

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The one thing I don't like about the AFL (apart from flooding), Hall decks an opponent (decent punch, it has to be said), he's out for the game, and Sydney are advantaged for it. Sure they'll miss him for 7/8 weeks, but they still had him for the entire game last night, unlike West Coast who didn't have Staker.

Franklin is a freak, so good atm it's scary how good he'll be in 2 years time imo. Loved seeing the 'pies lose as well, ****s.

pasag

RTDAS
The one thing I don't like about the AFL (apart from flooding), Hall decks an opponent (decent punch, it has to be said), he's out for the game, and Sydney are advantaged for it. Sure they'll miss him for 7/8 weeks, but they still had him for the entire game last night, unlike West Coast who didn't have Staker.
Well he's entitled to a fair hearing, just like in cricket with Harbi, Gibbs etc who were allowed to play on, different matches admittedly, until after their appeal was heard.

Johnners

That's a completely different situation though. West Coast were at a direct disadvantage (they were down 1 player for the majority of the match) because of a Sydney foul. Australia, or Pakistan (I think it was Pakistan Gibbs was playing?) were not a man down because of what Gibbs or Harbi apparently said. West Coast should've been able to bring another player on IMO.

(In reply to Pasag btw)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's a completely different situation though. West Coast were at a direct disadvantage (they were down 1 player for the majority of the match) because of a Sydney foul. Australia, or Pakistan (I think it was Pakistan Gibbs was playing?) were not a man down because of what Gibbs or Harbi apparently said. West Coast should've been able to bring another player on IMO.

(In reply to Pasag btw)
Inclined to agree, if he was playing football (soccer) or union over here it'd have been a straight red-card & a long ban (with the chance to appeal, obv), provided the officials had seen it. I don't know enough about AFL to even know if players can be dismissed from the field of play, but it seems a bit unfair that teams other than that which the foul was committed against will benefit most from his absence.

pasag

RTDAS

(In reply to Pasag btw)
That's a different thing then, but I wouldn't support offending players not being able to play out a game or anything along those lines.

Johnners

Inclined to agree, if he was playing football (soccer) or union over here it'd have been a straight red-card & a long ban (with the chance to appeal, obv), provided the officials had seen it. I don't know enough about AFL to even know if players can be dismissed from the field of play, but it seems a bit unfair that teams other than that which the foul was committed against will benefit most from his absence.
I'm fairly certain that a player can't be sent from the field in AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.