• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Essendon beat the Bulldogs without Lloyd and Lucas it'll be ridiculous. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they do so (unfortunately), and will also be some cash down.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, well done Doggies.

Essendon possible injuries:
-McVeigh hammy
-Lonergan hammy
-Winderlich groin
-Mal Michael groin

On top of that you have Dempsey, Lloyd and some other soft tissue injuries from the Bombers.

Not good enough.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Terrible effort really from the Doggies. Dodged a bullet and one can only hope they don't put up a ****house display like that against Richmond next week.

On a lighter note, 4-0 is a brilliant start with Richmond and West Coast to come. That being said, lady luck smiled upon us tonight - let the Dons back into the game after quarter time with a total lack of intensity.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Terrible effort really from the Doggies. Dodged a bullet and one can only hope they don't put up a ****house display like that against Richmond next week.

On a lighter note, 4-0 is a brilliant start with Richmond and West Coast to come. That being said, lady luck smiled upon us tonight - let the Dons back into the game after quarter time with a total lack of intensity.
Give Essendon some credit ffs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's going on down at Windy Hill Mike? You're dropping like flies to soft tissue injuries. Tell them to toughen up.

I live in Essendon, I may pay Matty Knights (Richmond legend :cool: ) a visit at Windy Hill and tell him the running game he wants to implement ain't going to work if their team can't last 4 rounds of it.

mikeW

What's going on down at Windy Hill Mike? You're dropping like flies to soft tissue injuries. Tell them to toughen up.

I live in Essendon, I may pay Matty Knights (Richmond legend :cool: ) a visit at Windy Hill and tell him the running game he wants to implement ain't going to work if their team can't last 4 rounds of it.
Tell me about it ffs, we've just about got more injured than fit players. Ridiculous stuff really...

Proud of my boys tonight, Still love my Paddy.

Anyone reckon if we get some of our players back that we can make the 8?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmm, I think you are a decent team this season, but more that annoying team to the opposition that can, and often will, be competitive against any team (wherever they are on the ladder, similar to last year), but often go missing in crucial parts of games that costs you the win.

The top 8 isn't exactly out of the question, but I think you'll drop off later in the season due to fatigue and too many youngsters. Knights' strategy will be fully seen in 2010 I reckon.

You're definitely showing signs though, which sucks because I hate you guys with a passion :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They had injuries throughout the game. Ended up only having 21-22 players fit with 20 mins to go, and are already and young and inexperienced team who spent all their energy coming back into the contest. Had nothing left.

All Essendon had to do IMO was score the first goal of the last quarter and things would have been different. They were on top for the first 5 mins of the quarter and then just died.

mikeW

They had injuries throughout the game. Ended up only having 21-22 players fit with 20 mins to go, and are already and young and inexperienced team who spent all their energy coming back into the contest. Had nothing left.

All Essendon had to do IMO was score the first goal of the last quarter and things would have been different. They were on top for the first 5 mins of the quarter and then just died.
Mcveigh's was the loss that hurt, he was brilliant as he has been all year. Was probably the form player of the opening month and dare i say it if he had of been fit to play the last could've had 9 brownlow votes already.

Lonergan and Mcveigh did hammys whilst Winderlich, Hille and Fletcher were clearly suffering from injuries.

Just watching the replay i think i underrated Fletcher's game massively. He was just quite awesome. Probably one of the best games he's played and thats saying something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mcveigh's was the loss that hurt, he was brilliant as he has been all year. Was probably the form player of the opening month and dare i say it if he had of been fit to play the last could've had 9 brownlow votes already.

Lonergan and Mcveigh did hammys whilst Winderlich, Hille and Fletcher were clearly suffering from injuries.

Just watching the replay i think i underrated Fletcher's game massively. He was just quite awesome. Probably one of the best games he's played and thats saying something.
**** McVeigh is a gun. My Essendon scum best friend has been telling me for years that he's a star, and though I've always known he was very good on his day (I was right behind him when he took his famous 'hands in the back' speccie vs. Carlton last year, so awesome) I've only just realised how vital a player he is.

Losing him will hurt. If Lloyd doesn't come up next week, and with no Lucas and McVeigh, you guys are stuffed.

mikeW

**** McVeigh is a gun. My Essendon scum best friend has been telling me for years that he's a star, and though I've always known he was very good on his day (I was right behind him when he took his famous 'hands in the back' speccie vs. Carlton last year, so awesome) I've only just realised how vital a player he is.

Losing him will hurt. If Lloyd doesn't come up next week, and with no Lucas and McVeigh, you guys are stuffed.
Gotta agree with that... Mcveigh was good last year but has just taken his game to another level, something i didn't even think he could do.

Hopefully Lloyd comes up well, we'll most likely get back Welsh and Monfries which will help our forward line a bit but ouir midfield will get smashed vs Hayes, Ball etc. Only hope is that we run there one paced midfield off there feet. On the bright side we should get Dempsey and Jetta back soon along with our top draft pick in Myers.

Enough about Essendon, Geelong vs Saints should be a cracker.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Damn. Not sure what games I've missed, so I'll just tip all of them:

Essendon Vs. Bulldogs
St. Kilda Vs. Geelong
North Melbourne Vs. Melbourne
Sydney Vs. West Coast
Port Adelaide Vs. Brisbane
Hawthorn Vs. Adelaide
Carlton Vs. Collingwood
Fremantle Vs. Richmond

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Essendon Vs. Bulldogs
Great tipping V. This game was last night and Essendon duly lost.

I've tipped for the weekend:

Essendon Vs. Bulldogs
St. Kilda Vs. Geelong
Sydney Vs. West Coast
Hawthorn Vs. Adelaide
Carlton Vs. Collingwood
Fremantle Vs. Richmond

The one outsider I've gone for this week is the Lions. Port are looking woeful at the moment and the unfancied Lions could well turn them over. I also think Richmond won't get totally thumped by Freo.

cameeel

International Captain
Great tipping V. This game was last night and Essendon duly lost.

I've tipped for the weekend:

Essendon Vs. Bulldogs
St. Kilda Vs. Geelong
Sydney Vs. West Coast
Hawthorn Vs. Adelaide
Carlton Vs. Collingwood
Fremantle Vs. Richmond

The one outsider I've gone for this week is the Lions. Port are looking woeful at the moment and the unfancied Lions could well turn them over. I also think Richmond won't get totally thumped by Freo.
Just posting tips out of interest, or do I add you to the ladder HeathDavisSpeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.