• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Dyson got lots of stats, but turned it over a fair bit. Davey is the first player I've seen who is actually more threatening without the ball than with it.
Is that a criticism?

Dyson ran hard and won plenty of the ball. His disposal wasn't THAT bad imo.

mikeW

Aren't you one of the ones who bags Shane Watson (ie. calling him soft) constantly for his ****ty hammy? Pot, kettle, etc
Nope, just don't rate Watto.

Dempsey hasn't had nearly as many injuries as that. He's only going to miss 2 weeks as its not the same hammy as usual.

Let me get it straight i never actually expected a win but i've never tipped against Essendon. I must say i didnt expect a lost of that magnitude.

Fair play to Geelong noone would've got close to them today.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is that a criticism?
Sort of a backhanded compliment. He seemed to suffer a lot from perceived pressure today when he had the footy, but when you saw him in the screen when a Geelong player had the ball, you were worried because he always manages to force the player to hurry his disposal, or catch him.

mikeW

Sort of a backhanded compliment. He seemed to suffer a lot from perceived pressure today when he had the footy, but when you saw him in the screen when a Geelong player had the ball, you were worried because he always manages to force the player to hurry his disposal, or catch him.
Fair enough, well generally he is good both ways but he probably wasn't allowed to do what he usually does and just run with the footy. Geelong just didn't allow anyone to do this all day no matter how much speed we had. The competition are probably more conscious of his ability nowadays too. Last year he was a complete unknown.

Anyone give us a chance of bouncing back against Carlton?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Carlton v Essendon games are always generally awesome no matter how good or **** the teams are that season so ya never know, but you should win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why does Kouta stick one finger up everytime he's on Gladiators, like its his taunt that you'd get his Smackdown wrestling video game character to do if you pressed 'L2' on the Playstation?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gladiators thread in OT.
Sweet
good win today, but Richmond were very poor, we'll need to step it up against the decent teams
Yeah I didn't think the Roos were too crash hot, they gave Richmond openings to get back in the game (similar to how they did with Essendon last week), but Richmond kept throwing it away.

That and Wallace was outcoached. Grant one out with Jake King, as gun as Kingy is, was always going to spell doom.

mikeW

One more thing...

How good is it to see Rama back up and running again?. Backing up from last week he had another very good game vs Steve Johnson today.

What odds do you rekon i could get on the cats winning by 150 + next week?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, my lead in Dream Team is huge now. 308 points ahead of 2nd place after only 2 rounds :D

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow, my lead in Dream Team is huge now. 308 points ahead of 2nd place after only 2 rounds :D
Hanging in in 3rd. Actually gained a bit on Smith, but dropped about 10,000 places overall. When I know what I'm doing I'll be lethal... :cool:

Anyway, we get Geelong v Essendon tonight on delay. Find myself looking forward to it. :ph34r:

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U][B]CW Tipping - Round 2[/B][/U]

DYCE - 13
MikeW - 12
Clapo - 11
Jono - 11
Hoggy - 10
Pasag - 10
Sir B.I - 10
SKD - 10
Vic Orthodox - 10
Voltman - 10
Alternative - 9
Ash Chaulk - 9
Cameeel - 9
Dark Hunter - 9
Irfan - 9
Josh - 9
Matteh - 9
Sam_Vimes - 9
Simon - 9
BBrumby - 8
NewZT - 8
R_D - 8
DYCE becomes the first to get a perfect score, tipping 8 from 8.

No tips submitted by Irfan or Dark Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.