• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we decided last year that you got whatever the worst tipper of the round got because it was unfair to not get any tips in yet do better than someone who did.
That was only if you didn't get any tips iirc. I thought that if you missed say the first game or whatever, you just didn't get any points for that game, no matter what the worst tipper got?

Storer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good win to Richmond.
Good win to Geelong.
Good win to Collingwood.
Good win to St Kilda.

Done and dusted.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
St Kilda and Sydney was always going to be a crap game to watch, but I didn't think it'd be this bad.
Ah, great. That's the one we're getting on delayed broadcast up here. For an AFL cretin like me I'd be interested to know why it was so poor tho. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah, great. That's the one we're getting on delayed broadcast up here. For an AFL cretin like me I'd be interested to know why it was so poor tho. :)
In terms of a close battle, it was a tense watch.

But with regards to why you watch AFL (and I'm not one of those anti-flooding, need to be high-scoring AFL fans who are very anti-modern game), it was just poor. I'm not sure if you're familiar with flooding, but its when the team pushes all their players back in defence attempting to make it impossible for the opposition to score.

I normally don't mind it that much, but in this game it was just ridiculous at the start. I really respect Sydney as a football team, because they rarely get belted and play tough football, but this was ****.

St. Kilda have one of the most exciting lists in the AFL but play **** football too.

Just confusing stuff. Brisbane vs. West Coast was much better.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In terms of a close battle, it was a tense watch.

But with regards to why you watch AFL (and I'm not one of those anti-flooding, need to be high-scoring AFL fans who are very anti-modern game), it was just poor. I'm not sure if you're familiar with flooding, but its when the team pushes all their players back in defence attempting to make it impossible for the opposition to score.

I normally don't mind it that much, but in this game it was just ridiculous at the start. I really respect Sydney as a football team, because they rarely get belted and play tough football, but this was ****.

St. Kilda have one of the most exciting lists in the AFL but play **** football too.

Just confusing stuff. Brisbane vs. West Coast was much better.
No, flooding is a completely new concept to me, so ta for the explanation. It's always safe to assume I know nothing about the tactics or nuances of the sport, as I've never really followed it before now. It's always looked a mess to me as I'm used to football codes with offsides, but that's my problem rather than AFL's. I'm determined to give it a proper go this year, 'cos I can no longer see NRL on my satellite telly package but do get a weekly game of AFL.

Plus it'll be good for my dream team if I know something about the sport. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I highly recommend you watch this game if you want to learn about it though, because it was an example of two coaches trying to out-coach each other. Ross Lyon (the St Kilda coach) used to be a deputy under Paul Roos (the Sydney coach), and he's now head coach (was hired by StK last year).

Plus its a close game which is always fun to watch if you're not used to the sport.

Keep your eye out on Nick Riewoldt, forward for St. Kilda. He's a star, and highly recommended for your Dream Team. But remember Dream Teams are all about possessions (i.e. kicks and handballs) as well as tackles and marks, which don't ALWAYS show how good a player is. For eg. some Dream Team players are really pretty ineffective in matches, whereas some gun backmen get crap all Dream Team points, but are absolute stars of the game (Darren Glass from West Coast and Ben Rutten from Adelaide to name a couple).

ash chaulk

International Captain
happy with west coasts win. We didnt play that well.. kept thinking beau waters was judd... memories.

bulldogs-crows game was good to watch

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really great game today. Really impressed with Porplyzia again, and Tippet looks really good. The star for Adelaide was Burton though, he's going to have an absolutely massive season.

Don't mind losing such a high quality game, even though Stevens and Bock both missed chances to win it. I do mind losing to Johnson though, really don't like that guy. Smiles too much.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
happy with west coasts win. We didnt play that well.. kept thinking beau waters was judd... memories.

bulldogs-crows game was good to watch
Always good to get the 4 points in week 1. The first quarter was excellent, still some things to iron out. Cox was brilliant, Priddis, Kerr and Braun were very good as well. Embley and Staker need to lift.

Good first game back for Nicoski. Brown is unbelievable and will be fighting for the coleman with Buddy Franklin IMO.

Expect Masten or Ebert to play next week with both getting in the best in the WAFL.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yeah gonna be a nice easy start for the year for us. Lucas to dominate the pathetic roo's defence.
Firrito, Gibson and Pratt go off, Watt does a job and Scott Thompson will show what a handy pick up he was.

Sam Power, Leigh Harding and Matt Campbell (to name a few) picked over Scott McMahon, so ****. Oh, and lol at Kane Johnson.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Always good to get the 4 points in week 1. The first quarter was excellent, still some things to iron out. Cox was brilliant, Priddis, Kerr and Braun were very good as well. Embley and Staker need to lift.

Good first game back for Nicoski. Brown is unbelievable and will be fighting for the coleman with Buddy Franklin IMO.

Expect Masten or Ebert to play next week with both getting in the best in the WAFL.
An Ebert playing in the WAFL, weird.

ash chaulk

International Captain
naa it will be either Masten or McNamara for Graham id say... Ebert not yet...

Swan districts should also have 2 of the top 5 draft picks going in the end of season draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.