• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08

iamdavid

International Debutant
Most spinners don't really get control and consistency at FC standard let alone international standard until they are about 30.
Well I hope thats true in Casson's case because he certainly has it in him to play test cricket if he tightened things up.
Has been bowling pretty well the last month or so....hopefully a sign of things to come...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lots of Vic Bashers atm i see... i dont see whats the deal - losing to pretty much Australia.. big woop
Mike didn't help the situation by having a sook and calling NSW cheats when Hussey was given out. Looks like the Vics will lose by 300+ though, awesome :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I love Katich so much. Champ.

If Dave Hussey had a 6th day and 15 wickets in hand rather than 8, Victoria would win with Huss scoring 300+

Also can't see how any neutral would want NSW to win. It isn't a true reflection of the season (mind you I don't mind them having their int'l players back, its good for FC cricket).

howardj

International Coach
lots of Vic Bashers atm i see... i dont see whats the deal - losing to pretty much Australia.. big woop
VICS are weirdos though. For instance, no regular batsman in the Test team since Dean Jones; no current player in the Test or ODI sides; they love AFL; Michael Leunig is a cult hero; they had Steve Bracks as Premier for a decade....etc etc.

Absolutely gives me the creeps that place.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mike didn't help the situation by having a sook and calling NSW cheats when Hussey was given out. Looks like the Vics will lose by 300+ though, awesome :cool:
Yep, and this from the side that claimed the keeper's catch off the first ball of the domestic T20 final too.
Siddle hasn't done his reputation any harm at all with his efforts this game, while Harwood's spell after lunch on day 3 was really, really good - unlucky not to get a couple of wickets. Don't think Nannes has enhanced his reputation though, nor McGain.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Yep, and this from the side that claimed the keeper's catch off the first ball of the domestic T20 final too.
Siddle hasn't done his reputation any harm at all with his efforts this game, while Harwood's spell after lunch on day 3 was really, really good - unlucky not to get a couple of wickets. Don't think Nannes has enhanced his reputation though, nor McGain.
Crosthwaite's catch in the 20/20 was inconclusive, we don't know he deffinatelly dropped it

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Crosthwaite's catch in the 20/20 was inconclusive, we don't know he deffinatelly dropped it
Nah, they showed an angle on inside cricket that showed the ball bounce comfortably before his gloves. And I was one of the biggest supporters of the inconclusiveness of it due to camera angles, but I was definitely humbled by that angle.

mikeW

Nah, they showed an angle on inside cricket that showed the ball bounce comfortably before his gloves. And I was one of the biggest supporters of the inconclusiveness of it due to camera angles, but I was definitely humbled by that angle.
Fair enough then....

Anywho... MacGill getting carted.....

Burgey

He'd still be ahead of McGain based on this match - i mean, at least he's got a few wickets, albeit he's bowled poorly.

If they don't take him though, who will they take as a spinner?

mikeW

He'd still be ahead of McGain based on this match - i mean, at least he's got a few wickets, albeit he's bowled poorly.

If they don't take him though, who will they take as a spinner?
Macgill has taken 1 more wicket than Mcgain and 2 more than Casson, hes also gone for a **** load more runs.

At least Casson and Mcgain have kept things tight.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Take Casson and Mcgain instead at least they can bat.
I'd say that's quite generous, watching McGain as we speak. I don't care if he scored a half ton for Denmark. :p

Casson is quickly becoming quite over-rated as a bowler. He's bowled well at times lately but he's so far off Test standard that it isn't funny. He's only just First Class standard, really. Very much improving as a batsman though - scored a stack of runs in Grade cricket when he wasn't playing for NSW this season to back up his handy FC knocks.

I called for McGain to get a chance as Test spinner as a while ago - before the Tests against Sri Lanka IIRC. However, with MacGill fit and somewhat firing, he should have first crack in the West Indies.

Burgey

All over - Casson finishes with four wickets, an eighty and a run out to boot.
Fitting that it went deep into day 5. Plainly the Vics first innings was the decisive factor in the game. Anyways, well done to both teams on great seasons.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't believe how under-used Bracken was. Been looking forward to this for months and he gets 14 overs. Could scream.