• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's ruined what would have been a great end to his best summer ever. Anyways, well done him. Tail to lash out now, have an hour or so at the Vics, and they'll be 4 down at stumps.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wicket 1st ball to SCG. Reckon he'll take a hattrick. :(

EDIT: Haha, and Hodge gone next ball. This could be the best/worst call ever.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Doesn't happen. Get Bracken on frbs.

EDIT: Around the wicket?!

EDIT 2: And hit for 4 early on. Hope he gets smacked tbh. Go over the wicket you bum.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the dictionary under "Enigma" it says "See SCG MacGill's bolwing".
He just mixes the good with the bad. Incredible.

iamdavid

International Debutant
He's got a pretty good temprament Casson. How do people rate his chinamen? Has he got it in him to improve enough to take the next step?
I've always liked the look of him because he actually has it in him to get top-notch batsman out. Turns the ball further than any other spinner in Australia atm with the exception of MacGill and has a pretty handy googly aswell, one that Warne would've envied.

His batting has come on in leaps and bounds lately aswell.

However as has been mentioned his control and consistency with the ball is ridiculous, often poor by club standards. That really is all he needs, to go from mediocre first class spinner to frontline international spinner, as he has the turn and variation, however he's been playing FC cricket for what like 5 or so years now and his control has not improved one little bit, despite all the work thats been put in by him and others. I remain optimistic he will tighten things up and get more accurate but I reckon if it was gonna happen he would've done it atleast a little by now.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I've always liked the look of him because he actually has it in him to get top-notch batsman out. Turns the ball further than any other spinner in Australia atm with the exception of MacGill and has a pretty handy googly aswell, one that Warne would've envied.

His batting has come on in leaps and bounds lately aswell.

However as has been mentioned his control and consistency with the ball is ridiculous, often poor by club standards. That really is all he needs, to go from mediocre first class spinner to frontline international spinner, as he has the turn and variation, however he's been playing FC cricket for what like 5 or so years now and his control has not improved one little bit, despite all the work thats been put in by him and others. I remain optimistic he will tighten things up and get more accurate but I reckon if it was gonna happen he would've done it atleast a little by now.
Most spinners don't really get control and consistency at FC standard let alone international standard until they are about 30.

Laurrz

International Debutant
lots of Vic Bashers atm i see... i dont see whats the deal - losing to pretty much Australia.. big woop