• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As long as they can pitch it up - especially with a bit of width - you'd still fancy them to knock over Strauss TBH.

The crowd looks pretty good, even some Fleming placards.
Wonder if John and Heath are down there again?

Superb shot from Cook, rare from him. Lucky to be there of course.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Off to the cricket now. Delayed due to having something in my eye that I couldn't get out.

Look out for the Tasman Makos shirt today. Should make it easier for you to spot Heath. (The only reason I have a Tasman shirt is a very long winded In-Joke with the guys at work, that I won't explain)

simmy

International Regular
Off to the cricket now. Delayed due to having something in my eye that I couldn't get out.

Look out for the Tasman Makos shirt today. Should make it easier for you to spot Heath. (The only reason I have a Tasman shirt is a very long winded In-Joke with the guys at work, that I won't explain)
Truly the worst excuse for anything. ever.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year

Good luck finding a seat, ground looks pretty full. ;)

Will keep an eye out for ya.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Six to Cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's lost the chance to get the record for most Test runs without a six!!!!!!!!!!! :(:down::(:down::(:down::cry: :crybaby:

FFS, Brendon McCullum, why the hell didn't you catch that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Six to Cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's lost the chance to get the record for most Test runs without a six!!!!!!!!!!! :(:down::(:down::(:down::cry: :crybaby:
LOL - only took 26 tests and 233 boundary fours...

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Martin still around-the-wicket when at Strauss... Strauss looking for (and getting so far) singles, which is encouraging.

And Heath's green light STILL on as of this post...

JHutch

Cricket Spectator
Big blow for NZ. On the upside for England they have 2 lefties in and it seems a litle for them with the angles etc.
Be intersting to see how they do. I am not really a fan of them batting together but if they do well then will england revert to these two opening with vaughan at three? (Vaughan seems a better number 3 than strauss IMO)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Be intersting to see how they do. I am not really a fan of them batting together but if they do well then will england revert to these two opening with vaughan at three? (Vaughan seems a better number 3 than strauss IMO)
I wouldn't imagine Strauss and Vaughan are going to be re-reversed any time soon. If they were going to take a stupid decision like batting Strauss three, they'd be unlikely to put it back to "as expected".

Hope I'll be surprised tho. Strauss at three is probably even more useless than Strauss opening. More worryingly, Vaughan opening is considerably less than Vaughan at three.

Gillespie on. Hattrick averted.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Bob Willis: "crowd still pouring in, it's going to be tight on the grass bank the next couple of days". Inclusive of our own Heath. :p

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
O0o0o0o0o0o0h, Vettori's had a shave, looks the customary 3 or 4 years younger.

And so much better, TBH. Think the beard look suits few, really.