• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

simmy

International Regular
What do the Kiwi fans think of the NZ top order?

Who should replace Bell and Sinclair as they clearly arent cutting it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
What do the Kiwi fans think of the NZ top order?

Who should replace Bell and Sinclair as they clearly arent cutting it.
As I said in an earlier post, if Sinclair doesn't make runs in the second innings his place will surely be in jeopardy. I think they'll stick with Bell even if he doesn't make too many in the second innings though. Fulton (if hes fit) would be my replacement for Sinclair. I'm fairly certain Craig Cumming will tour with the side to England and push for a place ahead of Bell there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ITSTL, Martin bowling over-the-wicket at the left-hander for the first time on this tour.

Not sure why Oram isn't opening though TBH.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
ITSTL, Martin bowling over-the-wicket at the left-hander for the first time on this tour.

Not sure why Oram isn't opening though TBH.
He actually bowled over the wicket to Cook in the last over and a half yesterday which caused noticeable discomfort for Cook.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah? Didn't see any of that TBH, just heard they were harmless.

BTW, reminder to anyone reading this thread who hasn't already to vote on this poll. We really want everyone who's anyone on CW to vote here. Including you, boss, I spy you reading this thread.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah? Didn't see any of that TBH, just heard they were harmless.

BTW, reminder to anyone reading this thread who hasn't already to vote on this poll. We really want everyone who's anyone on CW to vote here. Including you, boss, I spy you reading this thread.
First ball over the wicket yesterday evening was a beauty, given he only bowled seven balls to him I think, he did more than enough to suggest over the wicket was a much better option to Cook.

simmy

International Regular
Anyone know whats going on with Tresco?

Side would be so much stronger with him in there for Strauss. Surely he has to get better soon.

Lovely shot from Vaughan.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First ball over the wicket yesterday evening was a beauty, given he only bowled seven balls to him I think, he did more than enough to suggest over the wicket was a much better option to Cook.
Funny, I've always been of the mind that if, as Martin does, you have the rare gift of being able to get the ball to move away from the left-hander around-the-wicket is better, much better in fact. If you can swing it back in, you obviously want to go over.

Vaughan gets the 1st boundary of the day. No-ball too - those have been blissfully scarce this series. :clapping:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyone know whats going on with Tresco?

Side would be so much stronger with him in there for Strauss. Surely he has to get better soon.
Trescothick, or Strauss?

TBH, I'm not convinced of either. Trescothick might well never be able to play international cricket again.

DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McCullum palms one away from Fleming AGAIN!!!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny, I've always been of the mind that if, as Martin does, you have the rare gift of being able to get the ball to move away from the left-hander around-the-wicket is better, much better in fact. If you can swing it back in, you obviously want to go over.

Vaughan gets the 1st boundary of the day. No-ball too - those have been blissfully scarce this series. :clapping:
Fair point but Martin's historically been better over the wicket so I'd encourage him to continue over TBH.

Dropped catch...should've been taken. :@

simmy

International Regular
Trescothick, or Strauss?

TBH, I'm not convinced of either. Trescothick might well never be able to play international cricket again.

DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McCullum palms one away from Fleming AGAIN!!!
Yeah I guess you are right. He isnt exactly getting any younger.

Just such a shame with the injuries that England have had.

Flintoff, Tres, S.Jones... all amazing players that will miss 2 Ashes series in a row most likely.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hehe. Fleming would have caught that 10 times out of 10. Cheers Brendon :D
I mean, FFS, that's the 2nd time this game he's done that exact same thing! This is Geraint Jones-esque, he was doing that ATT in 2004.

Another 4 to Vaughan.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Vaughan...got em!!!

At least McCullum caught that one... :p Important wicket, that'll raise the spirits after the dropped catch of Cook earlier in the over. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah I guess you are right. He isnt exactly getting any younger.

Just such a shame with the injuries that England have had.

Flintoff, Tres, S.Jones... all amazing players that will miss 2 Ashes series in a row most likely.
Yep. :( Nothing new either, it's been that way as long as I can remember.

GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McCullum gets it this time. Other batsman tho. Fantastic ball. Would always fancy Mills against Vaughan with a new-'un.

simmy

International Regular
Big blow for NZ. On the upside for England they have 2 lefties in and it seems a litle for them with the angles etc.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, we won't have 2 lefties in for long if Strauss is 1 of them. :p

*Hopefully cue him making 150*

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
C'mon sim, you still haven't voted, not like you to miss the chance to vote for England. :p

Strauss off-the-mark with four. Nice'n'easy there, exactly what almost any batsman wants early on, and he makes the most of it.

BTW, always great having you two (sim and Soms) on an in-match posting - more lively than pretty much anyone.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeh not a good delivery by Martin, too easy for Strauss to get underway.

Mills bowling really well at the other end. I'd imagine that the IPL side that picked up Mills for $150k must be keenly anticipating his arrival in India...