• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wow Oram, makes you wonder why we put Gillespie in the team at all. We have a 3 man seam attack that works wonders already.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On Ambrose, I reckon that he should have avoided slashing like he was before he was settled a bit more and to get through the difficult swing period. It looked like he was coming to bat like he was on 90 mentally forgetting the old adage that you start every day anew. New Zealand had been bowling well too. What we now see is New Zealand having the possibility of a) rolling England over, b) New Zealand merrying away through the day with the bat. Collingwood is left though, so let's see what happens, though I am not too confident of England making more than 330 here.

PY

International Coach
Re: Hoggard, you can't help but feel he would have been devastating with Sidebottom in these conditions. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On Ambrose, I reckon that he should have avoided slashing like he was before he was settled a bit more and to get through the difficult swing period. It looked like he was coming to bat like he was on 90 mentally forgetting the old adage that you start every day anew.
Absolutely spot-on. Precisely the oppposite of how he played yesterday.

Hope it doesn't become a habit.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: Hoggard, you can't help but feel he would have been devastating with Sidebottom in these conditions. :(
Even England sometimes have good fortune with their terrible selections.

I know Kev thinks it'd be a disaster if Anderson got a bagfull here and to a great extent I agree with him, but it'd be hard to be too upset if it helped us save this series.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Maybe a bit worrying how easy Sid & Monty are making it look out there. Monster just hit a cover drive for three that was not at all bad.

Bollox, jinxed it. Sidebottom holes out with an attempted pull. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Did he play around a straight one with a big gap between bat & pad?
No, was beaten by an inswinger that he should nonetheless have done better to.

Cracking catch to get Sidebottom. This should be over very soon. Yes, it was. MSP gone.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
342 then. Competitive, but we need a good bowling performance to back it up. A lot rests on Sidey, stating the obvious as that may be.