• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
No suprise that they look terrible as its very early in the process. Be interesting to see how far this goes.
Actually I didn't think they looked that bad - sure there were some fairly wooden forward defensives and that left-arm seamer wasn't exactly smooth, but they weren't clueless.

Moreover, that Bhutanese seamer looked really good.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Asia Cup 2008, Pakistan

Groups:

Group A, Karachi :
India
Pakistan
Hong Kong

Group B, Lahore :
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
UAE

Fixtures :
June 24th:
Match 01: Pakistan V Hong Kong, Karachi
Match 02: Bangladesh V UAE, Lahore

June 25th:
Match 03: Sri Lanka V Bangladesh, Lahore
Match 04: India V Hong Kong, Karachi

June 26th:
Match 05: India V Pakistan, Karachi
Match 06: Sri Lanka V UAE, Lahore

June 28th:
Match 07: A2 V B2, Karachi

June 29th:
Match 08: A1 V B1, Karachi

June 30th:
Match 09: A1 V A2, Karachi

July 2nd:
Match 10: B1 V B2, Karachi

July 3rd:
Match 11: A1 V B2, Karachi

July 4th:
Match 12: A2 V B1, Karachi

July 6th:
Match 13: FINAL, Karachi
8-)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Groups:

Group A, Karachi :
India
Pakistan
Hong Kong

Group B, Lahore :
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
UAE

Fixtures :
June 24th:
Match 01: Pakistan V Hong Kong, Karachi
Match 02: Bangladesh V UAE, Lahore

June 25th:
Match 03: Sri Lanka V Bangladesh, Lahore
Match 04: India V Hong Kong, Karachi

June 26th:
Match 05: India V Pakistan, Karachi
Match 06: Sri Lanka V UAE, Lahore

June 28th:
Match 07: A2 V B2, Karachi

June 29th:
Match 08: A1 V B1, Karachi

June 30th:
Match 09: A1 V A2, Karachi

July 2nd:
Match 10: B1 V B2, Karachi

July 3rd:
Match 11: A1 V B2, Karachi

July 4th:
Match 12: A2 V B1, Karachi

July 6th:
Match 13: FINAL, Karachi
8-)
I am tipping India for this one. They have the most underappreciatd back up players. Would like to see UAE score an upset win though.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Irelands Tour Fixtures:

In UAE:
6th - 9th Mar: Ireland V UAE - Intercontinental Cup

In Bangladesh:
18th March: Ireland V Bangladesh - 1st Odi
20th March: Ireland V Bangaldesh - 2nd Odi
22nd March: Ireland V Bangladesh - 3rd Odi.

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
UAE 228 all out (72 overs)
Ireland 46-1(16 overs)

Interesting the way things are shaping up there. Had Rankin been fit I reckon that UAE would have been all out for less that 200, Still the batting is looking good so it could work out all right.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Ya Hope this turns out to be a good contest... Dont wanna see one sided when played between so experienced teams... Irish team looks strong cant wait for matches against Bangladesh...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt the UAE will be able to bowl Ireland out if all their batting turns up, as for Bangladesh,its could go either way depending on how seriously Bangladesh take the matches.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
A good show by Ireland so far - as we all said before this tournament began, they are going to be the team that makes the running. I just hope that now the peace deal has been sorted out in Kenya, that Kenya v Ireland will now go ahead in Nairobi/Mombasa. Home ground advantage will count for a lot.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Do u think ICC should grant Test Status to Ireland,Kenya/Scotland after 2011 World Cup? If it does Test matches between Ireland, Zimbabwe & Bangladesh could be intresting?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Do u think ICC should grant Test Status to Ireland,Kenya/Scotland after 2011 World Cup? If it does Test matches between Ireland, Zimbabwe & Bangladesh could be intresting?
When push comes to shove who gets test status will boil down to which side of the divide the country in question aligns itself with and whether that side can arm twist the others to get its way. Right now I would think the cricket authority that leans with Asian block will be more likely succeed in gaining Test status as what happened when they gave Bangladesh Test status, or it could boil down to a compromise like they did with the ICC presidency with one team from each alignment gaining test status and keeping the balance.

Janus

I doubt the UAE will be able to bowl Ireland out if all their batting turns up, as for Bangladesh,its could go either way depending on how seriously Bangladesh take the matches.
As i've said before, Bangladesh's hit and miss attitude is going to be the deciding factor. I'm still predicting 2-1 to Ireland.

It would be nice, and would be interesting; but the ICC seems to be determined not to expand at the moment despite the fact that Ireland could match Bangladesh and Zimbabwe at Test Level, even maybe giving the West Indies a run for their money.

UAE 228 All out (72 overs)
Ireland 336-7 (100 overs)
End of day 2

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I feel if at all Icc Grants a test status after 2011 Wc it has to be for 2 nations so that there could be balance between the last four nations & creat oppertunity for real talent to develop... Example: Ireland, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh & Scotland.

Imagine these Tours in a single year:

Tour 1) Bangladesh Tour of Ireland: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 2) Zimbabwe Tour Of Scotland: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 3) Ireland Tour Of Zimbabwe: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 4) Scotland Tour Of Bangladesh: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 5) Ireland Tour Of Scotland: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 6) Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s

Other then this U have Tests agains major sides & Tri Series... How else a team can develop faster then this???

Janus

I feel if at all Icc Grants a test status after 2011 Wc it has to be for 2 nations so that there could be balance between the last four nations & creat oppertunity for real talent to develop... Example: Ireland, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh & Scotland.

Imagine these Tours in a single year:

Tour 1) Bangladesh Tour of Ireland: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 2) Zimbabwe Tour Of Scotland: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 3) Ireland Tour Of Zimbabwe: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 4) Scotland Tour Of Bangladesh: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 5) Ireland Tour Of Scotland: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s
Tour 6) Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh: 3 Tests, 3 Odis & 2 T20s

Other then this U have Tests agains major sides & Tri Series... How else a team can develop faster then this???
The problem with that theory is that Ireland and Scotland at the moment won't tour to Zimbabwe on ethical grounds.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
We are dicussing about the situation after 2011 Wc... But y is Zimbabwe turning so bad? Y are they not allowed in UK?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem with that theory is that Ireland and Scotland at the moment won't tour to Zimbabwe on ethical grounds.
If the BCCI allow India to tour Zimbabwe in May and probably even play test matches then it will be ethics out the window, besides no one appears to be asking the big quetion, as to how bannina couple of sportsmen from Zimbabwe from playing in the UK, or vice versa, is going to do global democracy any good.

The Associates could do with their own Packeresque type billionaire willing to sanction Test matches between Associates in spite of the ICC, then they will care about our plight.

Janus

If the BCCI allow India to tour Zimbabwe in May and probably even play test matches then it will be ethics out the window, besides no one appears to be asking the big quetion, as to how bannina couple of sportsmen from Zimbabwe from playing in the UK, or vice versa, is going to do global democracy any good.

The Associates could do with their own Packeresque type billionaire willing to sanction Test matches between Associates in spite of the ICC, then they will care about our plight.
Personally I wouldn't mind Zimbabwe playing in Ireland but you'll have to accept that Ireland, Scotland and England won't go to Zimbabwe. Strictly speaking Ireland has no involvement in the situation but Cricket Ireland will obviously follow the lead of the ECB and it's the same with the governments.

As much as I hate billionaires, It might take one to improve the associate situation as the ICC seem at the moment to be unconcerned with anything that doesn't involve the full members.

UAE 228 all out (72 overs)
Ireland 474 all out (134.3 overs)
UAE 186-7 (60 overs)
End of day 3

Should be easy tomorrow, not sure UAE will even get the 60 runs needed to avoid an innings defeat.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but a packer type figure threatening to pull the associates away from the ICC would definitely put pressure on the ICC to act to keep its infulence on the game there perhaps with more incentives like bigger development budgets and so forth.