• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BBC does enjoy employing ex-sportsman with shady ‘pasts’. Listening to the football on the weekend I heard serial dogger, 'Stan the Man' and doing the cricket from New Zealand is coke head and Imran Khan Mimic, Dermot Reeve.
He couldn't stay out of a job forever.

What d'you expect from a Corporation that employs Richard Bacon? (I remember now what for) Drugs are the new ***, or something along those lines, haven't you heard the over-insistent reports of recent days? 8-) And people are only too happy to let those well-known set a bad example.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I really hope batting is as easy as this when we get the willow in hand. :mellow: This is absurdly sans-difficulty.

Taylor to get a century and suggest to those of us who thought he wasn't up to Test cricket currently (myself included) that we might need to revise our ideas maybe?

Vettori now almost out lbw twice, neither of which England really appeal for. :wacko: EDIT: the second of which is little short of plumb. :blink: WTF is with not appealing properly?

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm, it may be a flat pitch but i can see England not having the application to make a decent score on it. If NZ get to 400 which looks highly likely at the moment - they could get 500 if these two play sensibly as they seem to be doing - then i can see England getting rolled for sub 300 pretty easily, especially with question marks over Bell.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to bed. Particularly as we can't be arsed to appeal when balls are hitting middle stump. NZ to make 450+.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hmm, it may be a flat pitch but i can see England not having the application to make a decent score on it. If NZ get to 400 which looks highly likely at the moment - they could get 500 if these two play sensibly as they seem to be doing - then i can see England getting rolled for sub 300 pretty easily, especially with question marks over Bell.
Optimistic then Dav? EDIT: Optimistic then Neil?

TBH, I agree with you that they're on for 500 if things go on like this - Vettori is pretty much a frontline batsman - but I still don't think it's very likely. 400, they definately should get now.

And frankly, I'll be hugely disappointed if we collapse in a heap on this surface against what isn't what I'd expect to be a top-notch bowling attack *cue Mills and Martin swinging it round corners and reducing us to 50 for 4* I've almost given-up predicting with England in recent years, but I very much hope we can make a very good score.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He couldn't stay out of a job forever.

What d'you expect from a Corporation that employs Richard Bacon? (I remember now what for) Drugs are the new ***, or something along those lines, haven't you heard the over-insistent reports of recent days? 8-) And people are only too happy to let those well-known set a bad example.
Why not? Its not like he was a particularly good commentator. At least Collymore has some resonates of insight, Reeve is a clown.

Anyhow all the good work from yesterday seems to be pissed down the drain, regardless of the surface the New Zealanders are set for a very decent total now.

Harmy into the attack...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why not? Its not like he was a particularly good commentator. At least Collymore has some resonates of insight, Reeve is a clown.
Never listened to Stan TBH, at least not for about 8 years. Don't mind Dermot personally, think there are far worse (Ian Healy, Waqar Younis, Javagal Srinath) going around in recent times.

Michael Atherton suggests something I've really never heard anyone other than myself broach before now: "was 2004 the exception rather than the norm for Harmison". :-O I never thought I'd see the day!

There's the first 4 off Harmison today - presumably the 1st of many.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Who are ATN?

My feed seems to have exclusively Kiwi commentary. Not even heard a non-NZ guest yet

EDIT- Scratch that. Atherton there now

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harmison wide count for the series is underway.

FFS, why can't the "guest" NZ commentators on BSkyB be restricted to Ian Smith? He's several classes above Richardson, Doull and Crowe.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Taaaaaaylor.

Take back all i've said about him not being ready for tests. Has played with great maturity.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Harmison wide count for the series is underway.

FFS, why can't the "guest" NZ commentators on BSkyB be restricted to Ian Smith? He's several classes above Richardson, Doull and Crowe.
Is Jeremy Coney there?. He was always the best imo, but youre right, Doull is atrocious, Richardson is OK, but not the best,.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Taylor to get a century and suggest to those of us who thought he wasn't up to Test cricket currently (myself included) that we might need to revise our ideas maybe?
And after hitting the fielders about 4 times he finally gets one over square-leg to bring it up.

Well played fella.