• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson to play for Auckland in a 4 day game this week...

apparently that was a pretty good catch? great to get rid of Flem

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Only been watching for 20 minutes.

Fleming just gone to a fantastic catch from Cook. Sidebottom has bowled brilliantly from what I've seen so far.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, with 6 hours to go, I think it's time to do something novel: make so many fairly random predictions, the odd one's bound to be wrong... so here we are.

I reckon the match will have a result.
I reckon Kyle Mills won't break-down after 6 overs the way he did the last time he played England (and the first time he played anyone) at Test level.
I reckon Ryan Sidebottom, provided he doesn't bowl like he's obviously short of fitness, will take at least 6 wickets in the match.
I reckon Brendon McCullum will score whatever runs he scores at a very considerable strike-rate - maybe even close to or over a-run-a-ball.
I reckon Ross Taylor, if he plays ahead of Peter Fulton (which he shouldn't), won't score very many.
I reckon Kyle Mills' first (proper) and Mathew Sinclair's first meeting with England will produce interesting results, whether of the outstanding or abysmal variety.
If the pitch turns as some seem to think it will, I reckon Vettori and MSP will swarm all over their respective oppositions.
Pretty valid predictions, I don't exactly disagree with any of them bar the one regarding Taylor. :)

slugger

State Vice-Captain
listening to crowe and doull go on about how to get sinclair out.. you just about feel .. they want him to get out... lol

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sinclair dismissed by Collingwood... 3/129 now so we definitely can't afford to lose any more wickets this session.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
How goes in the 90's, big wicket for England to pick up..another couple before the close and it will have been a decent day.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup, he was shocking alright...good to see How cashed in before tea.

What a great over from Panesar and he deserved his wicket. Disappointing for How who played so well though.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Anderson confirmed for Auckland in this article from blackcaps.co.nz
England pace bowler James Anderson will play for Auckland Aces in their State Championship match against Wellington Firebirds.

Lancashire right-armer Anderson will fill the gap in the Aces’ attack created by Kyle Mills and Chris Martin’s participation in the first National Bank Test in Hamilton.

The Aces are also without Andre Adams and Daryl Tuffey after their moves offshore.

Anderson follows in the footsteps of Old Trafford team-mate Mal Loye, the England ODI batsman who turned out for Auckland early last season.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds as though pretty much every NZ batsman has got themselves out today. England have caught well and Sidebottom and Panesar have bowled tidily without getting too much assistance and Hoggard hasn't been great, Harmison predictably poor.

Can't afford to let up in the fielding stakes, hopefully we can get McCullum early cos he could take the game away from us.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Oram out, NZ are in the sh*tter now. England will be happy dismissing us out now in the low 300's.

It's up to Taylor/McCullum/Vettori now.

Days of Grace

International Captain
NZ really should look to score at least 400 here batting first. So, once again the lower order has to score the bulk of the runs.

Can only see score updates. How was Sinclair? Did he look scrathy again?