• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah, first genuine edge of the day.

Anyway, Harmison warming-up. This should be ITSTL.
He'll make something happen, not entirely sure what.
Don't think Harmy will view the pitch as an ideal one for him, but I hope he fires it down and at least attempts to ruffle one or two feathers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh dear, Ian Bell hit on the arm by a very powerful stroke from Matthew Bell. This doesn't look promising. :(

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wicket is shockingly slow. Harmison may have his work cut out getting anything from this surface. Looks like England will have to be patient for its breakthroughs.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Like what I've seen from the NZ openers this morning especially How. Has all the tools really to be a reasonably good test match batsman IMO (plays very straight, takes good strides and leaves well).

How to score a century this innings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How to score a century this innings.
That's a very big call.

Though he effortlessly pulls a short delivery from Harmison for a single in the opening over. Typical Harmison so far, though a bit slower than usual - short and smashed by Bell there. Now one down leg.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And FFS, someone tell Bob Willis that Hoggard and Harmison are both rubbish ODI bowlers and are far better off for themselves and England not playing.

Harmison being slaughtered as usual here. That's often the cue for him to be gifted a wicket with a nothing ball...

And just as I'm typing that... yes, Bell slashes to fourth-slip! :laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, you make your own luck in life and at least Harmy pitched the ball up (unlike Hoggard and Sidebottom).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harmison did nothing Hoggard and Sidebottom did not. The poor stroke just happened to be played against him - as often does happen to a bowler who's spraying the ball. Seen more cases of suchlike from Harmison than possibly anyone else.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, Dav. You watching?

Bell blow didn't look good at all to me. Very worrying.
nah just on cricinfo...don't think there's much chance of me getting it on the hostel tv..might find a computer with audio later and listen to it though

needed that wicket..and we'll need more injudicious shots from the Kiwis i'd wager